Best VFM fast food?

Associate
I'm a pretty big fast food eater, but the state of a lot of KFCs turns me off. If you actually go inside the places, KFCs are a whole degree more filthy than other fast food places, and that's saying something.

Out of the four you mentioned, I think macdonalds are the cheapest by a small margin, but I'd generally plump for BK since I prefer their burgers.

Soldato
Sub of the day and load it full of salad.

I think the chicken in KFC is rank though, it's probably the best value for money but I wouldn't eat it.

Soldato
McDonalds pound saver menu, or Sub of the Day at Subway. Though the Sainsburys sandwich, drink and snack for £3 is pretty good but not sure if that counts.

Soldato
The only proper way is to do a test. ;)

What is the most you can get for £5? In terms of volume, then compare the caliories, carbs, protiends etc.

Actually some kind of independant pizza place might be best. Don't they all do BOGOF Large pizzas for £9.99 or something?

I don't eat much fast food. :(

edit: scratch all that - Costco's Takeaway. DONE.

Soldato
Probably the smaller independant fast food places would offer the better deals overall, since they have to work harder to get the customers.

One of my locals does a 10" pizza with any 2 toppings, a portion of chips or garlic bread and a can of fizzy juice for £5. Thats fairly good value in my books! :)

Caporegime
So out of the big well known chains (KFC/Subway/McD's etc etc), which do you consider to be the best value for money?

if buying for 1 person then mcdonalds is the best value for money, get a double cheeseburger and a chicken mayo from the £1 menu thing and those 2 burgers should be enough to fill you up, but that means no fries and you have to get your drink from somewhere else, like asda, etc. the drinks on their own from mc donalds are too expensive for draught and the meal deals are usually about a fiver, which isnt really value for money, i could go to greggs and feed 5 people for a fiver.

if buying for 2 then subway would be the best value for money, if you share a footlong and go for the meal deal and share a packet of crisps and a drink too.

if buying for 3/4 then kfc bucket thing would be the best value for money.

anyway all of them are extremely unhealthy, subway included, so you really shouldnt be eating them on the regular. once in a month type thing if you really must, i try and avoid them as best as i can.

Back
Top Bottom