Best video doorbell....

Soldato
I'm wanting to venture into the world of having a video doorbell and wondered if there were any realistic alternatives to the almighty Ring system that I should be looking at?

It needs to be battery powered as I'm far too lazy to work out how to wire it in but at the same time I don't particularly want to be saddled with a monthly sub!

Also, if Ring is the way to go, what's the difference between the various versions?

Soldato
OP
I'm leaning towards the Eufy system purley because there is no ongoing cost - the thing that is putting me off a bit is the lack of any security in terms of stopping someone just taking it off the wall - does anyone have one and can conform if it is easy to just detach and steal?

Soldato
OP
Can anyone educate me as to the difference between the Eufy 2k video doorbell that comes with the base station as opposed to the 2k doorbell that comes with the plug-in chime?

Am I right in thinking that the base station is solely for connecting multiple devices (ie. another doorbell or additional cameras) whereas the plug in chime (which is actually a little more convenient for me because of where I'd want it to be in the house) is simply paired to the one device??

Soldato
OP
The homebase 3 is overkill for me and I've not really got a spot to put the homebase 2 whereas the chime will slot straight into the wall.

Another benefit of the chime is that the storage is a removable sd card and so I could just slot a 128gb in myself!

Back
Top Bottom