Best VR kit for PC/PS5?

Associate
Hi all,

I know this is likely quite subjective, but I wanted to get everyone's opinions on what they consider to be the best VR hardware that can be used on on both PC (at the very least) or preferably both PC and PS5.

Not thinking about price at the moment just interested in getting opinions on preferences

Thanks in advance!

Pointless thread without budget, massive difference between spending £300 and spending £3000 on a vr headset.... Get what you pay for

Have a look on Google at what's out there

Hi all,

I know this is likely quite subjective, but I wanted to get everyone's opinions on what they consider to be the best VR hardware that can be used on on both PC (at the very least) or preferably both PC and PS5.

Not thinking about price at the moment just interested in getting opinions on preferences

Thanks in advance!

Also the ONLY VR headset that can work on a PS5 is the PSVR2 .. which can work on PC these days, so if PS5 is a must then you only have one option.

Your options are really:

Quest 3s for the budget option.
Quest 3 for the mid-price, and best all-round option for both native games and PCVR.
Pico 4 as a Quest alternative if you don't like Meta. (Software support isn't as good).
PSVR2 if you need PS5 support or you must have an OLED headset.
Pimax Crystal for the enthusiast high-end option.
Big Screen Beyond if you want the lightest possible headset, and have money to burn, and Steam VR base stations and controllers.
Vive Focus Vision if you want PCVR supported eye tracking and face tracking (with add-on) and the option to use additional trackers. The lenses are pretty poor though.

Honorable Mentions:
Quest Pro - Discontinued, but very good for PCVR, has great controllers and a charging dock, and has eye and face tracking if that's important to you.

Don't bother with:
Quest 2 (discontinued) though you can pick these up cheap.
Valve Index - The resolution is fairly low now, and it's wired, and needs base stations mounting, but the controllers and tracking are still great. Also likely to be superseded by Valve Deckard, whenever that releases.

Really the best option is the Quest 3.

Back
Top Bottom