Best way\place to get currency data

Soldato
Can you be a bit more specific? Do you mean a list of currency ISO codes? A list of exchange rates? If so, what exchange rates do you need?

Associate
OP
Can you be a bit more specific? Do you mean a list of currency ISO codes? A list of exchange rates? If so, what exchange rates do you need?

I want a list of exchange rates.

If you're after exchange rates the Yahoo Finance API seems to be used by a fair few things. OpenCart uses it. Here's their function.

You'd just have to construct a dynamic URL including the currencies you want as a comma seperated list, curAcurB=X. E.g. for GBP to USD, GBP to EUR and GBP to JPY:

http://download.finance.yahoo.com/d/quotes.csv?s=GBPUSD=X,GBPEUR=X,GBPJPY=X&f=sl1&e=.csv

Thanks, that is what I was looking for, any idea on how to use this with C++?

Also, random question, do you have to use Windows 8 and Visual Studio 2012 for Windows Store apps?

Pho

Pho

Soldato
Thanks, that is what I was looking for, any idea on how to use this with C++?

Also, random question, do you have to use Windows 8 and Visual Studio 2012 for Windows Store apps?

Never used these, but you could use libcurl to download the file then parse it it with either your own CSV reader (not too difficult) or something like csvlib.

Back
Top Bottom