Best Way To Play ALL Mario Party Games

Associate
Mario Party is a staple game for multi player fun with friends or family. My only issue is I buy the current one and play it to the death, so the boards become boring and there's not much that's unexpected after a while! Sure, there's a random mini game you only get with 4 people or an odd one that never came up before but I'd like to be able to have access to ALL the Mario Party games in an easy to use way.

Without going into realms we're not allowed to discuss, what would people think is the easiest way to do this? Or gets the most compatibility.

I'm thinking Wii U that has full Wii and Gamecube setup but that won't allow me to connect actual gamexube controllers easily and the Wii side is poor video output at best.

OK, next is a Wii with Gamecube support but that outputs poor video quality usually and stops me at Mario Marty 9 with no support for the first 3, unless I emulate an N64 on the Wii, that I've not looked into.

Gamecube could be used to get the best video output and the most games on one console, but miss out on the newer ones and oldest ones.

What scaler would people recommend, I'm thinking RetroTink 5x Pro or 4k with component or RGB scart cables but it looks like you can use GCHD adapters and such for both the Wii and the Gamecube.

Then there's ***emulators*** on the PC which would give me everything a proper Wii would do but in PC emulation form, but some games have graphic glitches and what not. I'd prefer to stick with actual hardware ideally but I'm wondering if anyone else has a niche setup I can steal ideas from? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Oops, sorry I didn't realise I couldn't use an actual emulator name. Then there's some games that have been re released in virtual form on the actual console, although these will be impossible ;) to get now the actual store is closed. But, this is also an option so I could buy Mario Party 3 and 2 on the Switch, have access to the latest two games as well but then have a wii for the rest? Then I'd only be missing mario party 1 I think but would need 2 consoles.

Edit: OK, didn't realise Mario Marty 1, 2 AND 3 are all on the Switch expansion pack thing, so that covers those. I'd still prefer everything in one place if possible though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom