best way to remove weeds

Clean it out, pressure washer or whatever, and chuck a load of jointing compound on to seal up the gaps. Might want to consider drainage first though.

Anything else, burning, weedkiller or whatever, will only put it off temporarily and will just grow back.

In all honesty, you need a regular weed prevention strategy to keep the blighters at bay. Even if you joint it as best possible, weeds will still find a way to make an appearance. Just spray the area with weed killer twice a year and you should be largely weed free.

As above, spray with sodium hypochlorite (chlorine) and jet wash it.. This will also help restore some of the colour to the drive.
Then either
Re-sand it with a Polymeric Block Paving Setting sand like ProJoint Polysweep
or
Use regular Kiln Dried sand and use a sealer like Resiblock Trade,which is a liquid that you apply to the driveway and it makes the Kiln Dried sand go rock hard.
Or you can get a better sealer like Resiblock Superior that is like a varnish for blocks that does as above but will also protect the blocks from oil stains and preserve the colour.

Last edited:
Soap powder is what I'd use. It's relatively cheap compared to decent weedkiller, works in a matter of days and it's kinder to the environment. I've used it on weeds which would take about a week before I saw any effect from weedkiller - soap powder, I saw results in days.

it will always come back in time, that is mainly how pressure wash businesses keep going. They have constant work doing drives like that one that go to look really grubby after 2 or 3 years

I've got weed killer that I apply when they start to show, have tried various ways to keep them at bay but have ultimately failed, now resigned to the fact that I have to weed killer it twice a year and then clean the debris away a few days later

Back
Top Bottom