Best website builder?

Associate
What is the best website builder as there seem to be 1000s! I'm looking for a clean HTML5 website with the ability for people to book slots in a calendar, a photo & video gallery and blog. there also has to be the ability to embed my Twitch stream to a page. The website will be for my A320 cockpit simulator. I would like to ability to hose the website on my own server too.

I've looked at IM Creator, SquareSpace, Designly, Wix, Strikingly, Weebly, Sitecube and Moonfruit.

Last edited:
Soldato
What is the best website builder as there seem to be 1000s!
There are very few 'good' ones.

I'm looking for a clean HTML5 website
Not possible from a webste builder. And I'm not being elitist here, it really isn't.

Your requirements list is quite extensive. Wordpress is most likely the best bet as I would imagine there are plugins available for most of what you need. Other than that, try learning to do it yourself or be prepared to pay for someone who can.

Associate
I wouldn't look past wordpress for a first time website. I run a few small company websites, all built on wordpress, as it's quick, easy and cheap. You can also create something that looks good with the myriad of themes and plugins out there. 'Clean' HTML5 it may not be, why is that a requirement?

I also wouldn't host it myself, far easier to pay peanuts to let someone else deal with all of that crap.

Associate
Can recommend Concrete 5, was shown by my manager at work and loved the simplicity of it.

Has the flexibility of HTML but still the user-friendliness of simple drag and drop UI for beginners. It's also easy to set up which is a bonus :)

Back
Top Bottom