Best Windows 7 Gadgets

I only have a Q6600 and my idle CPU usage stays at 0% with several gadgets including rainlendar and rainmeter. :confused:

more talking about memory really guess it's no biggy but even so i like to keep running processes to a minimum like I have a lot of services disabled that I never use or need

On Win7?

It won't make a single bit of difference trimming services/processes down. Windows 7 runs as smooth as XP but with double the processes running.

Sidebar with my above gadgets uses less than 70MB ram when idle and just a bit more when the PC has been logged in for a few days.

What does make a difference is using AV that doesn't consume disk I/O and CP time for large folder browsing (MSE is known for this and has had this bug since BETA).

I have it down to 39 processes running so far not really tweaked it enough.As for MSE am using that and don't have the issues as pointed out by you or have yet to notice it just browsed a 200gig ish folder and the cpu usage jumped to 17% for a split second then went back to normal so not really sure what the bug is.

Last edited:
gadgets.jpg

I am sorry if this question has been asked before, but how do i get the clock and Date at the bottom of the picture?

Just wondered what ones u use if any, and to have a thread with your recommendations in

As for me i use 'all cpu meter' and that's it, but would like to get into using a few more

http://www.addgadget.com/all_cpu_meter/

I saw this thread and was gonna suggest that very one. Except since clicking on your link I've seen support for all 8 of my threads has been added since I downloaded it. :)

Back
Top Bottom