Best XI in the PL?

Soldato
Yaya is much more a box-to-box than a pure DM though, no problems with him being there.

Would go for Richards at RB and probably an in-form Lucas at DM but pretty good otherwise.

Soldato
OP
Would question vidic, Valencia and Parker but not bad.

Out of interest then why would you question Valencia and Parker? Is it their ability? They dont suite the formation?

I assume like CM you're questioning Vidic because of the injury? If so again if Kompany broke his leg tomorrow would you then question his inclusion?

Man of Honour
I think a first XI would differ massively because different players have different strengths that compliment each other. For instance I think Kompany and Ferdinand would be a better partnership, even though Vidic is a much better defender than Ferdinand.

I wouldn't choose Bale, I think his game is limited and when his pace goes so will his game, and I don't think he's consistent enough. It's not a huge problem at this moment in time though.

It'd at least challenge for the title if not win the league. Shame there was no real space for Aguero, he's the one to watch again next season IMO.

Associate
--------------Downing--------------
Downing--Downing--Downing--Downing
--------------Downing--------------
-------Downing-----Downing-------
Downing------Downing----------Downing

Soldato
Out of interest then why would you question Valencia and Parker? Is it their ability? They dont suite the formation?

I assume like CM you're questioning Vidic because of the injury? If so again if Kompany broke his leg tomorrow would you then question his inclusion?

I think Vidic hardly played last year so that invalidates his inclusion, no one really saw him last year and who is say he will come back as strong. It seems a nostalgia inclusion though if fit and fully firing he would walk it.

Valencia I just don't rate him. I know everyone will jump me now but its just my opinion that he isn't that good and I don't like him, nothing factual :p

Parker, I have said before, I do not rate full stop. He is just another average, chest beating England midfielder who the media love because of his "passion." Lucas and Tiote are miles ahead of him, Song is just as good and I just don't understand how he is rated as a top player.

Soldato
Parker, I have said before, I do not rate full stop. He is just another average, chest beating England midfielder who the media love because of his "passion." .

when have you ever seen parker get aggressive, shout, beat his chest etc? you probably haven't, it's a myth. he's a peace maker and very reserved. keeps his head down and get's on with it, very rarely gets involved in conflict.

how did he reacted when suarez tried to gouge his eyes out and balotelli stamped on him? hardly a fit of rage

the statement 'how would people feel if kompany broke his leg' is a void one, he hasn't broken his leg and played all season. vidic didn't play all season and if his body reacts in the same way as ferdinand's did to injury, he wont ever be as good again.

Last edited:
Caporegime
how did he reacted when suarez tried to gouge his eyes out and balotelli stamped on him? hardly a fit of rage

Like he does at least once most games, as if he's been shot by a nazi with that glorious spitfire pilot haircut of his.

Don't forget Suarez tried to break his ribs when he ignored the ball and just completely booted Scotty

Soldato
Like he does at least once most games, as if he's been shot by a nazi with that glorious spitfire pilot haircut of his.

Don't forget Suarez tried to break his ribs when he ignored the ball and just completely booted Scotty

wrong.

oh yeh, forgot about that kick suarez did too. nice bloke.

Soldato
--------------Hart--------------
Sagna--Vidic--Kompany--Cole
-------------Wilshere-----------
-------Y.Toure-----Silva-------
Aguero------RVP----------Rooney

With the front 3 all rotating. Mabye having RVP out wide and Rooney in the middle

Associate
Would go with this:
------------Hart-------------
-----------Song-------------
----Y.Toure-----Silva--------
Valencia----RVP-------Aguero

Associate
--------------Hart--------------
-------------Wilshere-----------
-------Y.Toure-----Silva-------
Aguero------RVP----------Rooney

With the front 3 all rotating. Mabye having RVP out wide and Rooney in the middle

Wilshere? Sorry but thats Arsenal bias talking.

Sagna is probably the best RB in the league but he wasn't exactly exceptional last season and there were 2-3 a fair bit better than him. Wilshere hasn't done near enough yet to be anywhere near a PL XI.

Based on last season, this is my PL XI.

--------------------Hart---------------------

-Walker-----Kompany----Coloccini-----Baines-

-Silva-------Modric-----Yaya Toure---Dempsey-

--------------Aguero----RvP-----------------

Walker/Sagna/Ivanovic are probably interchangeable but with Walkers better attacking threat and Silva cutting inside, Walkers better there on balance.

Baines could easily be Cole but he's always in these teams and Baines is awesome. No CMs came close to Modric or Yaya last season and the PL is lacking many proper good CMs at the moment. Dempsey deserves plaudits for his goal return and his consistent performances throughout a good few years now. LM could easily be Bale though. RvP is easily the best striker in the league and i'd take Aguero over Rooney any day.

Last edited:
Associate
I'd have to go with a 4-2-3-1as below

------------------Hart-----------------

-Ivanovic----Kompany----Terry----Cole-

---------Y.Toure-------Ramires---------

-----Silva-------Modric-------Mata-----

------------------Ageuro-----------------

Back
Top Bottom