Beyerdynamic MMX 300 - mic not working

Associate
In 2015 I bought a pair of MMX 300s as everyone kept telling me they were a step up from my Astro A40s. Back then, I couldn't get the mic to work, and believe it or not they have sat on my shelf ever since. The day have finally come to say goodbye to the A40s, and I got the MMX 300s off the shelf, as I might as well give these another go before giving in on them. and still no joy with the mic.

I have the headphone jack plugged into the Astro Mix Amp (everyone seems to think these work best with a mix amp), and the mic jack plugged directly into the 'pink' port of my sound card (which is rather awkward to say the least with the mix amp). Whatever I try, I cannot get the mic to work. I have triple checked the connections, tried every input option under the sound settings (the mic doesn't even show as it's own device), I have tried the direct microphone port on the PC (rather than the sound card). How on earth to I finally get these to work please?

Any help is appreciated, I don't plan on target a vowel of silence any time soon so the mic is certainly necessary...

Do you have right input chosen in Windows sound settings?
Especially with multiple sound devices there can be whole pile of inputs/"recording devices".
Without correct choise there no program will hear anything from mic.
(except software with own input selection with correct choise there)

Though it's also possible that mic is actually broken

Do you have right input chosen in Windows sound settings?
Especially with multiple sound devices there can be whole pile of inputs/"recording devices".
Without correct choise there no program will hear anything from mic.
(except software with own input selection with correct choise there)

Though it's also possible that mic is actually broken
Hi EsaT, I tried every input option there is just for good measure. The MMX 300s don't show as their own input which is a little odd, other headsets do.

Analog sound devices never show up as separately named device for Windows.
You select input/output of sound card they're connected into.

Would be easiest if you had some single sound device PC like laptop in which you could try mic.

Windows sound settings also should show signal level if it detects sound from correctly chosen/enabled input.
Playback-tab works that way showing signal level meter when there's sound playing into that output.

Back
Top Bottom