BF2 Makes me want to nut my computer

Soldato
****ing had enough of this game I have changed nothing in my computer recently and suddenly now every time i connect or create a single player game it ****ing exits to windows

any ideas on what i can do?

tried reinstall
tried updating graphics

Associate
Try clearing the graphics cache (although I think this might have already been done when you reinstalled) - its in C:\Documents and Settings\BLABLA\My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods and just delete the bf2 folder.

If that doesn't work, go into C:\Documents and Settings\BLABLA\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\0001 and delete video.con.

Do the same with the video.com file in C:\Documents and Settings\BLABLA\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\Default.

That should fix it, but if not I don't have a clue.

Soldato
I started getting CTD's also but only in mid game, This started after a reformat & XP install etc. so something was different. All thru the various patch releases I never had CTD's

Its not the game itself causing this problem as if it was then everyone would get the same. Its something to do with your system & usually memory related .

I have seemingly fixed mine by by changing the Cas setting from 2 to 2.5 on my AMD rig, I read that on another forum & so far its worked. Depends what memory & settings you have & whether o/clocked.
Another game that is known for CTD's is Oblivion & thats not crashed since on my system either

Another little gem I read involves setting the BF2 videodefault allowAllrefreshrates 0 & change it to 1

Associate
for the answer to a title

yeah computers seem to want to make you do that to them

do it.....na et! fuw on!
then watch many frustrating things,in your life go away :)
good idea this might just get me gaming again

edit sounds like some sort of video refresh rate resetting overide problem

eg usher

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Tried deleting the video files and temp files, i even changed the refresh settings on the desktop and game.. no luck

did some more googling and tried re registering the cd code in the registry and other bits and bobs..

now the cd is in two pieces in the bin, RIP

Soldato
ste_bla said:
Tried deleting the video files and temp files, i even changed the refresh settings on the desktop and game.. no luck

did some more googling and tried re registering the cd code in the registry and other bits and bobs..

now the cd is in two pieces in the bin, RIP
check your local settings temp folder
(C:\Documents and Settings\your name\Local Settings\Temp)
check the windows temp folder
things like this are OFTEN that.

Soldato
OP
VeNT said:
check your local settings temp folder
(C:\Documents and Settings\your name\Local Settings\Temp)
check the windows temp folder
things like this are OFTEN that.

I deleted everything in the folders

Bit late now anyway it will never work now

Back
Top Bottom