• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

BFG 7800 GTX 521mg

Associate
Hi All,

I've just started playing a lot of games with my lovely new card and am getting worried about the temps.

When playing Need For Speed Underground 2, NFSU2, and BF2 and in game it will some times freeze for about a min and they carry on, and about 3 mins later do the same trick.

I have noticed the temps of my card get upto about 68-72 degrees without OCing the card further than stock and with a bit of 'detect optimal settings' the card will just get way too hot for my likeing.

Just wondering what the normal temps for these cards are? Please note I still have stock cooling.

Thanks,

Agent.

Associate
Iv had that problem with my 256mb card, I heared it was only a XFX card problem but if your getting it also then im not sure, You tried diff drivers? My card at stock (530) use to get upto 90c untill I added a case fan blowing into both cards which is stuck on my case floor. 72c is fine id say and bf2 is very very buggy.

pic

Soldato
Just make sure you have good airflow in your case m8.
I had 2xBFG7800GTXs in my case and getting temps of 42c idle and 48-52c while playing BF2,i fitted a zalman fan bracket with a 120mm fan blowing air on both card`s,but now ive cut a 120mm hole out in my side panel to draw in cool air from outside,this is the better option.

I know you have the 512mb card but it will still push a lot of warn air into your case.

Soldato
68-72 degrees is no problem at all...My two 7800gtx run at over 80c underload..

What your cpu and system temps...Having the 7800gtx in your system will increase your cpu and system temps because of the extra heat put out by the 7800gtx..

What power supply have you got???and how many watts is it..

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Hi Guys,

My full system spec is as follows;

3800 Venice clocked to 2.6ghz with a TT Silent Tower cooling it
WD76 gig rapotor (8mg cach) for Games + windows and a 250 WD for sotrage
Asus A8N-SLi Premium board
1gig OCZ Platinum PC 4800 RAM
Enerman 600W, non SLi PSU.

Link for the card.
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/7800__Series.html

As for getting COD2, didn't get it, but did get a nice BFG shirt...

And for drivers, no I haven't tried different ones, so I'll bung the latest ones on there tonight.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Keep 'em coming.

Agent.

Back
Top Bottom