• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

BFG Price Reductions at OcUK - January Sale (BFG 8800 GTX now £329+VAT)!!

OcUK Staff
Hi there

First of all OcUK and BFG would like to say merry Christmas and happy new year:-
OC-christ.jpg

Check out these amazing deals on BFG products from OcUK:-

1. BFG GeForce 7600 GS OC 512MB DDR2 AGP - £82.99 +VAT (£97.51 Inc. VAT)
2. BFG GeForce 7800 GS OC 256MB GDDR3 AGP - £139.99 +VAT (£164.49 Inc. VAT)
3. BFG GeForce 8800 GTX OC 768MB GDDR3 ***WaterCooled*** PCI-Express - £449.99 +VAT (£528.74 Inc. VAT)
4. BFG GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB GDDR3 PCI-Express - £329.99 +VAT (£387.74 Inc. VAT)
5. BFG GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB GDDR3 PCI-Express - £247.99 +VAT (£291.39 Inc. VAT)
6. BFG GeForce 7950 GT OC 512MB GDDR3 PCI-Express - £149.99 +VAT (£176.24 Inc. VAT)
7. BFG GeForce 7600 GT OC 256MB GDDR3 PCI-Express - £84.99 +VAT (£99.86 Inc. VAT)
8. BFG GeForce 7300 LE TURBO 256MB DDR PCI-Express - £28.99 +VAT (£34.06 Inc. VAT)
9. BFG Ageia PhysX Accelerator - £109.99 +VAT (£129.24 Inc. VAT)

As you all know BFG products are covered by a lifetime warranty and the service provided by BFG throughout that time is very good. If you card goes faulty they can normally have a working card to you well within a week and sometimes in less than 48 hours.

To take advantage of these deals then get your wallets out and head over to here, bear in mind I have recuced some of these prices by nearly £70:- :D :D
All items are in stock or due for delivery within the next week, these prices are unbeatable and more importantly most of these lines are only available and in stock at OcUK. :)

BUY NOW!!

P.S. Remember we are open this Saturday and Sunday for collections and phone orders. We are also open all of next week except for Christmas and Boxing day.

OcUK Staff
OP
squiffy said:
Why is WC 8800GTX so much more expensive than the air cooled version? Surely a waterblock is cheaper than a larger heatpipe cooler?

Hi there

Its a dangerden waterblock, they cost approx £100 to buy. Then your paying for the fact that some chap at BFG has spent time removed the stock cooling system. Then applying Arctic Silver compound and fitting the dangerden block for you.

If you ask me its well worth it, afterall its no more expensive than overclock air cooled 8800 GTX cards and this thing will go a damn lot quicker whilst be substancially quieter. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

It gets even better:-

BFG GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB GDDR3 HDTV/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail
GX-035-BG_400.jpg

Redefine your gaming reality with the BFG Tech® GeForce® 8800 GTX 768MB PCI Express graphics card featuring the world's first DirectX® 10 GPU and a powerful unified architecture that delivers an incredibly true-to-life gaming experience. Power through games at record speeds and charge through game maps with vividly realistic, sun-up to sun-down HDR lighting effects while steering clear of mind-blowing physics effects such as explosions, fire, and smoke. Crank up 16x full-screen anti-aliasing without missing a beat - no jaggies, no worries. And when you're not destroying the enemy, relax watching your favorite movies with NVIDIA PureVideo™ technology.

- GeForce 8800 GTX core running at 575MHz
- Shader Clock Speed of 1350MHz
- 768MB GDDR3 Memory running at 1800MHz
- 384-Bit Memory Interface
- 128 Stream Processors
- Shader Model 4.0
- Texture Fill Rate: 36.8 billion/sec
- Memory Bandwidth: 86.4GB/s
- Designed For Extreme HD Gaming
- Nvidia Pure Video Technology
- Dedicated Video processors free the GPU Shaders to run 3D applications
- Dual dual-link DVI supports two 2560 x 1600 resolution displays
- HDCP Enabled!!
- SLI ready – Upto 2x the performance of a single GPU (Available on with future driver release)
- True High Dynamic Range Rendering Support – Based on Open EXR technology
- World's first unified architecture supporting Microsoft® DirectX® 10
- Built for Microsoft® Windows® Vista™
- FREE BFG T-Shirt, Teflon stick pads and stickers
- LIFETIME Manufacturer Warranty (Contact BFG representative on 001 866 234 3499 for warranty services)
- 24/7 Email Manufacturer Support (http://www.bfgtech.com/tech_redux.html)

Note: This card is 275mm in length so make sure it fits in your case! Also the cards require PCI-E x16 slots, they will not function in a x8 slot so for SLi you need dual x16 mainboard. Finally 500W minimum for PSU and 600W+ is recommended.

£329.99+VAT (£387.74 inc VAT)

BUY NOW !!

Now come on guys you cannot say that is not a bargain. Your gonna struggle to find an 8800 GTX cheaper and even if you do it will be hardly an cheaper. So the Lifetime warranty and the extra large T-Shirt along with those cool mouse skate things is well worth it. This is a true bargain, so get your wallets out or those already with an 8800 GTX go SLI. :D

OcUK Staff
OP
Lolcb said:
Any reason for the sharp drop in the GTX?

Hi there

We have unlimited supply now and as such can drop our price to really shift them through.

We have 500 GTX in stock, with upto another 1000 available. Though these are now selling like hot cakes even before I dropped the price further so we think that our sales will go mental on this. As for the price and for a card with lifetime warranty this is unbeatable. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
TonyM16 said:
Hi. I appreciate the great price for the BFG 8800gtx and I just bought two of these BFG 8800gtx. However I am nervous about it as they are a lot cheaper than any other shop and even cheaper than the other brands in the shop, even though BFG are usually an expensive brand. I read that it's because of supplyin that above post. So dose that mean the other brands are not as readily available as BFG for Overclockers.co.uk.

Anyway, the thing is some people a few weeks back were saying that BFG gpu's did not have the correct resistor value. They said that even though it was Nvidias problem that it was up to the add in vendors themselves to correct it. They said BFG didn't and a few folks had issues.

Is this still the case? Has this resistor problem been completely eliminated now? Is there now a new batch of 8800gtx;s that now have the resistor value already done correctley so that they don't have to be replaced by BFG or anyone else?

Also do BFG 8800gtx gpus generally remain stable and reliable so that they can be overclocked in the future?

Lastly the phone number for the life time warranty seems wrong. I phoned it to ask if BFG have corrected the resistor problem and I was greeted to a machine blabbing on about something completely unrelated and she never mentioned the name BFG at all. Is there another number to call?

Thank you.

Hi there

The reason these are so cheap at OcUK is because I am damn good at my job. I buy these cards at prices that other Etailors can only dream about. Thats down to my abilities to forge a strong relationship with a manufacturer and bully them into giving me a price close to their build cost. This I can then pass on to my customers. :)

8800's are still in constraint, only companies such as BFG, XFX and Pallit have relatively good supply. NVIDIA decide on who gets what as all these cards are currently made by flextronics.

BFG cards are made by flextronics, just like EVGA. Some of the other brands may use foxconn and then their is also another builder which who's name I cannot think of but its either who Pallit buy off or is them. As Pallit source cheaper memory for some of their cards which allows them to build a product for a lower cost, but the negatives are generally reliability issues. Flextronics are the number one for quality and is who NVIDIA preferre to use. So the resistor value actually effected all cards on launch. OcUK was fortunate and BFG recalled all our stock 2 days before launch day and had it all swapped out with the correct product. Since then as OcUK buy directly from BFG US we've only had the correct resistor value product. Some may have leaked out from companies such as newegg for example in the US, but on UK BFG stock the resistor values are all correct and none leaked out from OcUK.

BFG and EVGA use the highest quality components and suppliers for their parts. Like I say they tend to stick with flextronics plus companies like BFG and EVGA will request better yield cores from NVIDIA too to give them better overclocking potential and/or for their own overclocked cards.

You clearly did not call the correct number, I just rang it and was first of all greeted by some electronic message warning me as it was an international call I would be charged as its only TOLL FREE to US customers. Maybe you hung up at this point?
I did not and seconds later I was given options for different BFG support departments and BFG was mentioned several times.

BFG and EVGA are the two best NVIDIA brands out there full stop. BFG offer the lifetime warranty and good tech support just like EVGA but unlike EVGA they are very competitive and aggressive on their prices. Plus I smash BFG regular for great deals which I then pass on to our customers.

I cannot help the fact I am good at my job and as such OcUK is frequently first with new product or has some great deals and the BFG current prices are evidence of this. For example compare the BFG 7900 GS, 7950 GT, 8800 GTS, 8800 GTX to other online sites and you will see I destroy their prices, whats even more interesting is we make more money too, because OcUK does not simply just drop its pants/margin to sell cheaply I actually purchase better. :)

Further evidence of us getting great deals is the fact were the only UK store with the BFG water-cooled card, or at least the only store who has been given stock. Secondly look over our X1950 range and prices then compare to our competitors and you will see our competitors either don't have stock or simply cannot compete with myself on price and the amount of stock/allocation I have. Prime examples are the HIS X1950 XTX for £199, also the fact I have over 800 Sapphire X1950 AGP cards and will be the only UK stockist first with stock on the HIS X1950 AGP varients.

Then their is the fact we were first on the BenQ FP241W and Belinea 22" screens and still pretty much are exclusive. Its the purchasing team that makes an online Etailor sucessful. :)

I cannot help been good at my job but I enjoy what I do and am passionate about it. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
SimonMaltby said:
Gibbo - its just lucky you are not big headed LOL

btw... forget the 3rd payrise and go for a percentage of sales where you sourced the stock :)

Seriously... a big thumbs up for all your work in 2006, its been a testing time with so much new hardware comming out and OCUK have been at the forefront of it.

Wishing you a very good new year.

Hi there

Cheers m8!

Sorry to come across big headed but nothing annoys me more when somebody questions our good prices and instantly thinks its because we have dodgy stock or something. If OcUK sold sub standard products we would no longer be trading. We ship 1000-1500 orders per day out the door depending how busy we are etc. and as such to do this and keep growin then we must be doing something correct. :)

We generally source most of our stock direct from manufacturers these days and cut out the middle people. :)

Mr Spie looks after me so don't worry about that and thanks for the support and comments m8. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Lolcb said:
Eh Gibbo, XFX is a good brand too. How come OcUK don't stock XFX?

Hi there

As a brand they are fine, but their warranty support is amongst the worse in the UK. Don't be fooled by looking at their site as their double lifetime warranty is for US customers only.

In the UK propella heads do their warranty and those guys have a habbit of rejecting faulty cards saying they are not faulty. Or if they even detect the slightest sign that coolers have been played with or even if a generic component fails which can happen they will still reject the card and won't repair or replace it.

With what I know I would not touch XFX with a barge pole, nice products but if it goes wrong you could be shafted. Plus their cards seem to have higher failure rate than the likes of BFG and EVGA, well they did for the time we sold them.

XFX was our number one brand, we were doing 1500-2000pcs a month for those guys. When our customers were getting issues and then ourselves we asked them to stop rejecting cards that were actually faulty. For a short time they sorted it, then it started happening again. Then they tried blaming it on our customers for overclocking the cards and hence why some cards failed and again rejected more cards. We had meetings again, said they would sort yet things did not get sorted quite so well. So we gave them terms to meet which companies like Gainward and Leadtek have no issue with yet XFX re-fused to do so, their excuse was that it would cost them financially too much. So I asked them if thats the case is that because your cards are more prone to failure than others then, to this I got no response.

So we stopped buying from XFX and removed products from our website as they sold out. Remember they were our number one brand yet we gave them up due to lack of support to both ourselves and our customers. In fact I'd say XFX are nearly as poor as ASUS when it comes to RMA support, they are shockingly bad which is why we don't sell ASUS VGA either.

When your spending such a large sum of money its peace of mind to know that if it fails that your gonna be looked after and have a working replacement in a short period of time which BFG and EVGA are exceptional at. Then with companies like Leadtek and Gainward we know ourselves that we can give our customer new product from stock as we know Leadtek/Gainward will give us a new product without question, just a shame XFX could not manage that.

If XFX were to come to ourselves and meet our RMA terms or provide the customer a good direct support technical/RMA service as BFG and EVGA do then we would start selling them again no issue.

OcUK Staff
OP
TonyM16 said:
Thanks for clearing it up. You have to forgive me if I cam across ignorant it's just last time I bought a nvidia card from Overclockers (7900gtx) it had that memory bug thing and meant terrible artifacts and crashes (my X1900XTX that I bought was 100% fine). That was really cheap aswell. That and the newegg (NVnews right?) thing is what made me question BFG. I know that wasn't your fault and was the fault of manufacturer, but it does create fear.

I hope I didn't offend anyone, but sometimes it's better to ask than sit around worrying. I never assumed that it's dodgy stock , but it's true that I wasn't 100% sure either , but now I am. I would not have bought them already if I was suspicious , I just wanted my mind set at ease about is all.

So thank you and have a happy new year.

HI there

Understood. But you gotta remember with the memory issues on 7900 cards NVIDIA never actually did a recall and nobody knew if their stock was dodgy or not. So that was an impossible one to control. Many manufacturers and Etailors sold 7900's with problems but nobody did it on purpose if you understand what I mean. That crisis hurt NVIDIA big time and ATI loved it as ATI's market share increased considerably.
Newegg is the biggest Etailor in the US and as such they are not governed by the same NVIDIA chaps as we were, so no doubt they allowed stock to slip through, wheras BFG UK, OcUK and NVIDIA Europe made sure that no dodgy resistor stock came our way to prevent any from slipping through. The stock we had prior to launch was all sent back to BFG. :)

Back
Top Bottom