Bifolds for a 5m gap

Caporegime
Work is (finally) cracking on for our extension and we need to get the rear doors sorted. We've a 5m gap that she wants to bifold, and I'm after some advice.

Solarlux seem to be well regarded on here, but obviously more expensive than most. Are we right to be aiming for £1k/door?

I'm also wary and worried about the fitting/longevity and obviously how to avoid cowboys.

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll look into the ones recommended here.

How many doors should we be looking at for a 5m gap? 5 doors or perhaps 6?

If it was 6 doors I’d be thinking about splitting the bifold into a single/double door on one end and 4/5 doors folding to the opposite side.
Yes thats my plan, either way whether we get 5 or 6 doors in the end, it will have a single door that opens one way, and the rest will go to the wall/fence.

I hate bi-folds, two massive sliders would be the best solution imo https://www.idsystems.co.uk/products/sliding-doors/grand-slider-ii-sliding-doors/
Well I've been meaning to ask this actually - has anyone ever regretted getting bifolds?

The sliders do look good, but we don't really have anywhere for the doors to go the 5M gap is the gap, total. So the advantage of the bifolds in this instance is that they'll open and stack up against our fence to the side of the garden so be completely out of the way.

This is the space we have and my bad - the door gap itself is actually 4m:
fPfbaae.png

And, given the usages of our space that we're envisaging, the single opening door access that bifolds gives seems - to us - to be the most convenient, a back door basically rather than having to slide the whole door. Why do you hate bifolds out of interest?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom