Big Bang Theory

Soldato
Sorry to resurrect an old thread........

But is it me or is this program not funny anymore????

I have series 1 - 6 and watch them a lot, but from series 7 onwards there are a few lol moments but nothing else! The 3rd episode with the treasure hunt was the only one I can watch over and over, the rest - meh !

Season 8 is a few episodes in and again not much to laugh about. Some of the cast are on $1m an episode :eek:

It lost its intelligent humour quite some time ago when it started getting really popular, presumably having to cater for a larger audience means dumbing-down or omitting the geeky/scientific references in favour of just making fun of people for being that way.

Think I got about halfway through whatever the last season on E4 was before I lost interest. All the characters are quite annoying now.

Soldato
I started watching BBT from the beginning a few months ago after having never seen it before. I've loved pretty much every episode and now up to date with it. Great show with great characters. I get all of the geeky references to Star Trek, Star Wars and all other Sci-Fi/comic stuff, probably why I like it so much.

Man of Honour
Definitely been cut back on the more intelligent humour and an increasing amount of toilet humour but still some good bits in the more recent seasons - enough to keep me watching but doesn't get my attention as much as it used to.

TBH though its pretty impressive they managed to keep it going with any kind of standard beyond 2-3 seasons.

Soldato
Part of what made the BBT great, was due to the nerdy stuff they would get up to. And for me, the nerdy stuff was the main attraction of the show. Lately however, it now seems to be aimed at a more mainstream audience than before.

The other thing I've found a real turn off, is how they have made Sheldon more and more normal. Now we only get brief moments of the old Sheldon thrown in.:(

Man of Honour
surprised no ones posted this, but sin off series Young Sheldon is schedualed to air on 25th september on cbs no idea about uk release date.

not convinced it will work, but will give it a go.

v0n

v0n

Soldato
Won't work. TBBT is a success of ensemble comedy, not comical writing. Sheldon is funny because Jim Parsons makes it funny (despite increasingly dire writing). "Young Sheldon" creators presume that it was something they wrote that made the character funny, and therefore its success is infinitely repeatable.

Caporegime
Won't work. TBBT is a success of ensemble comedy, not comical writing. Sheldon is funny because Jim Parsons makes it funny (despite increasingly dire writing). "Young Sheldon" creators presume that it was something they wrote that made the character funny, and therefore its success is infinitely repeatable.

Pretty much my feelings.
Thought I find TBBT abit long in the tooth now.

Soldato
This is going to go the same way as Joey!

I've been watching some of the earlier episodes that are re-running on E4, i'd forgotten how good it was back then, the later series come across as nothing more than dumbed down paychecks for the crew/cast now in comparison.

Back
Top Bottom