Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
fairy liquid :(

bad for paint , bad for rubber
No

muc off is brilliant, i used to just use fairy liquid and was very sceptical about muc off, i thought it was just expensive fairy liquid but it does work and it works well,it also leave a thin coating to help stop muc sticking.

Muc off is brilliant indeed, but did you know that it also strips/dims the colouring of your paint little by little?
It's recommended that anodized bikes do not use Muc off as it strips the coloured dye away rather quickly ;)

Soldato
Muc Off is great for when you're not at home though - spray it on before a jet wash and say goodby to every bit dirt.

This seems a contentious issue. If I was happening to be riding past a jet wash after a long mucky ride, is it still advisable NOT to use a car jet wash on a bike even if you stood a decent distance away with the hose or can I use a garage jet wash on modern bikes with sealed bearings??

People mention it penetrating the bearings etc but just wondered...

Soldato

yes

everything you describe in that post fairy liquid also does . the salts contained in it dry out rubber. id be particularly worried about delicate rubbers like those used in oil seals

warm water and degreser > * . maybe car shampoo and wax if im being a tart. once a year or two

Last edited:
Soldato
Danny spends his whole life on the bike loose - you see/remember him at Val di Sole last year on the final turn, he nearly took out the crowd :D

Yea, he's an insane rider. Can't decide who I think has a wilder/looser style, him or Blekinsop

Woo, Peaty riding Wharncliffe again I think I saw? Can't wait :D

Yeap indeed - I still wanna go ride that spot.

seen that yesterday and without knowing who danny hart is i already know who you mean. looks ridiculous. literally as though hes just held on as tight as he can with his hands and then threw himself down the hill

Yeap, it was one of those OMF moments where you think the rider is going to nail himself

Soldato
No

Muc off is brilliant indeed, but did you know that it also strips/dims the colouring of your paint little by little?
It's recommended that anodized bikes do not use Muc off as it strips the coloured dye away rather quickly ;)

I can't see how Muc Off is worth the price, from my point of view it did not clean any better than a small amount of washing up liquid in some water in a Muc Off spray bottle.

And I don't have any problems with my bike after using washing up liquid.

Soldato
which bike?

Specialized FSR XC Pro
Specialized Camber FSR Comp
Trek Fuel EX6

i used to have the 2008 fsr cx pro (cost £1500 back in the day) and liked it a lot. but not sure if the camber comp would be better than the xc pro?im assuming not. (all the same price btw just under £1300)

Soldato
I'm venturing out to Afan for the first time next month. Does Port Talbot have black cabs so I can chuck my bike in if I travel by train? What do you suggest for trails? I was going to ride the Skyline but it seems to have been given a poor opinion in this thread. My technical skills are okish but I can't do dropoffs etc yet. To give an idea of the experience I have I've ridden trails in Swinley Forest and Westcott (Dorking) several times so far and I'm visiting Epping Forest this weekend. I'll be visiting these locations more between now and the Wales trip.

Associate
Was going up Cannock tomorrow but my mate I'm going with don't fancy it due to it being too rutted at the minute.

Has anyone been recently?...what's it like ?

Can anyone recommend anywhere Besides Cannock localish to derby decent?

Thanks

Soldato
Was going up Cannock tomorrow but my mate I'm going with don't fancy it due to it being too rutted at the minute.

Has anyone been recently?...what's it like ?

Can anyone recommend anywhere Besides Cannock localish to derby decent?

Thanks

In ruins apparently. FTD and TMT have really suffered according to the Chase Trails forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom