*** Big Fat Weight Loss Thread ***

Associate
exercise bike
exercise bike will end up as an expensive clothes hanger

just start walking, 4-5km a day will already do wonders

food wise sounds like you want to do something extreme and unsustainable
my advice - keep it normal whole food, cut out added sugar as much as possible, have more protein

do 16:8 intermittent fasting, this only needs willpower for 8 hours until next eating period

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I agree, I think I would recommend doing some 'free' exercise first. Start with walks, move up to brisk walks, maybe move to a very slow jog and see how you get on.

Last edited:
Soldato
exercise bike will end up as an expensive clothes hanger

just start walking, 4-5km a day will already do wonders

food wise sounds like you want to do something extreme and unsustainable
my advice - keep it normal whole food, cut out added sugar as much as possible, have more protein

do 16:8 intermittent fasting, this only needs willpower for 8 hours until next eating period

I agree, I think I would recommend doing some 'free' exercise first. Start with walks, move up to brisk walks, maybe move to a very slow jog and see how you get on.
Thank you both. Unfortunately walking/running/any outdoor exercise isn't an option. I do have Apple Fitness though so I could do something with that I guess.

Caporegime
Still not well…weight is still dropping even though I’ve spent most of my time in bed. Lost 2kg since the 24th..

ekNqjill.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
@Raymond Lin fancy a free holiday to Spain pass on some of those sweet sweet germs? :D

Weighed this morning at 103.9kg. I don't think i've had the worst week since we got guests last week, but certainly it's come with some increased drinking and eating out (the Euros doesn't help that!) Not ideal that the start of June was around 102kg. Given my exercise levels then something is clearly very wrong.

Given how much has been spent though i think we'll be skint until the next payday as i'm trying to really reign in spending to go towards the new house as we're getting a little extreme dipping into that pot and it's gonna bite us if not curbed.

Interestingly my wife sent me some tiktok around how alcohol stops the bodies ability to burn fat and so possibly my whole "one or two beers" on a regular basis probably isn't very effective. Unsure how much truth there actually is in it.

However as promised last month, given the lack of movement in June. The Martyn Fat Loss sweepstake is in effect for July! I've decided an easier structure is on a raffle basis with the winner taking £50. Pick numbers 1-10 between you all!

If this doesn't motivate me, nothing will :p

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Basically anything useful stops in your body while it deals with what is effectively a poison. Without getting into the real biological detail that's the best way to look at it.

Caporegime
@Raymond Lin fancy a free holiday to Spain pass on some of those sweet sweet germs? :D

Gimme a kiss !

I lost another half a kilo since yesterday, I am now at 80.4kg....not sure where this is going?! Although I have lost my appetite, I have been making a conscious decision to eat, similar portion size. On the other hand, I have not done any walking at all, from an average of like 10km a day walking down to near zero.

Back
Top Bottom