*** Big Fat Weight Loss Thread ***

Soldato
I wish I could get out to a gym again and exercise,

Oh dear, I thought you were over your injuries. How about swimming?

I too am slimming, rather modestly compared to others here. I'm down to 127 kg from 131 kg over the past month (blipped 126 this morning) and it's not just fluid loss. I'm doing it the old-fashioned way: eating less. About every other day I have a light eating day; I don't starve myself.

Soldato
Oh dear, I thought you were over your injuries. How about swimming?

I too am slimming, rather modestly compared to others here. I'm down to 127 kg from 131 kg over the past month (blipped 126 this morning) and it's not just fluid loss. I'm doing it the old-fashioned way: eating less. About every other day I have a light eating day; I don't starve myself.

Hello mate, how are we? Sadly not, I am waiting to hear about hydrotherapy now I'm under 28st. Weighed myself this morning, down to 27st 4lbs another 3lbs down. Odd considering I roughly calculated my calorie intake yesterday as approximately 7,975 not counting what was eaten in the fats added. Although that's not the norm, I normally only eat Omad.

1kg of pork belly, then 500g of 70/30 mince with 10 rashers of streaky bacon and 250g of cheddar cheese.

Soldato
Wowzers, I bet your daily needs are about 3,500 kcals and you can eat double that and still lose weight?
No you can’t lose weight eating more then you burn, unless as I said earlier you can break the fundamental laws of the universe. You also can’t monitor weight loss on a day to day basis it has to be done over an extended period. I can fluctuate 1-2lb and I’m only significantly smaller then Vidar.

Soldato
As I've already said, that's not the norm for me I was just particularly hungry the other day after 10hrs or so. I just listen to what my body wants. Typically though that cheeseburger bowl as I call it is a staple part of my diet maybe 3 times a week atm and is around 4000 calories on its own. And, I eat this way everyday until I'm satiated, focusing on high fat. According to my phone fitness tracker I'm also averaging around 200 steps a day. Like I say I'm disabled and my phone stays on me at all times incase I fall again.

I'm also not some genetic freak

Associate
My weights been creeping back up over the past couple of weeks so time to nip it in the bud before it gets out of control. New food weighing scales have been purchased as my last lot broke and I never replaced. I will be weighing & tracking everything and cutting out alcohol at home as I just can't seem to self regulate my calorie intake for example I just bought a meal deal and a few snacks and put them into MFP afterwards, 1300 calories!

I am eating more fruits & vegetables though and thoroughly enjoying them due to the slow cooker. I just need to cut out the calorie dense foods but also feel satiated without them which is the hard part with me.

Soldato
OP
My weights been creeping back up over the past couple of weeks so time to nip it in the bud before it gets out of control.

I think this is what I learnt at the end of last year, I just made excuses for the weight going back on (about 18lbs) from around May to December. Granted, I got it back off in about 2½ months, but I need to accept earlier and just act before it gets silly.

Associate
I think this is what I learnt at the end of last year, I just made excuses for the weight going back on (about 18lbs) from around May to December. Granted, I got it back off in about 2½ months, but I need to accept earlier and just act before it gets silly.

Definitely, it's a mindset I've never had and always say to myself I'll just eat better or a little less tomorrow and before you know it you've gained x amount of lbs and have even more work to do. My goal over the next few months is to drop my weight down to 12 stone (76kg) and see how I feel.

Caporegime
You shouldn't add carbs without reducing other macros by the appropriate caloric amount.

Hehe, that’s what happened with me. I enjoyed the double cream in my coffee, the butter in my veg, etc and when I upped the carbs again, I kept the fat and got fat.

It’s T-4 for me now, back to keto again on 1st May. Menu is sorted, shopping is ordered. Actually looking forward to it.

Soldato
Hehe, that’s what happened with me. I enjoyed the double cream in my coffee, the butter in my veg, etc and when I upped the carbs again, I kept the fat and got fat.

It’s T-4 for me now, back to keto again on 1st May. Menu is sorted, shopping is ordered. Actually looking forward to it.

What's on the menu? And any shopping tips for keto choices?

Caporegime
What's on the menu? And any shopping tips for keto choices?

Greek yoghurt with berries for breakfast, a big salad for dinner (unfortunately having to leave out some of my favourites like lentils and beetroot as they are too carby) and then salmon, asparagus and broccoli for tea followed by a few squares of 100% dark chocolate and coffee with double cream.

My tips is check out the visual guides at dietdoctor.com. You can see at a glance which foods are low carb.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/visual-guides

Associate
Also intrigued as currently dropping my carb intake so will be interesting to try some different meals. Also, do you guys have any go to foods that you eat when you just want to shovel in any type of junk food? I just want to buy high calorie foods and binge right now since eating healthier and dropping the calories, I'm sure it'll fade with time but it doesn't help being on my feet all day with my job. I wouldn't say I'm starving but the cravings are coming to the surface haha

Caporegime
Also, do you guys have any go to foods that you eat when you just want to shovel in any type of junk food?

Most certainly. I hop off to Waitrose and buy almond croissants, pains au chocolat, cinnamon buns, salami pizza and ice cream. Pizza is the one thing I miss when on low carb. I did make some alternative with an egg and cheese base which works out really well but it's incredibly greasy which makes me worry about getting gall stones. :D

Back
Top Bottom