*** Big Fat Weight Loss Thread ***

Caporegime
Here we go then. Hopefully, I’ve topped out at 84.3kg / 27% BF. Woke up this morning with a mouth like the Sahara, presumably due to poor body trying to get rid of 400g carbs overnight. I never did eat my Easter egg either.

Next 10 days is gradual lowering of carbs in an attempt to stave off keto flu. Today is about 200g, tomorrow 180g and so on.

Pet Northerner
Don
Here we go then. Hopefully, I’ve topped out at 84.3kg / 27% BF. Woke up this morning with a mouth like the Sahara, presumably due to poor body trying to get rid of 400g carbs overnight. I never did eat my Easter egg either.

Next 10 days is gradual lowering of carbs in an attempt to stave off keto flu. Today is about 200g, tomorrow 180g and so on.

What’s your height?

Associate
A great thing about yoga that is suitable for all the ages. Both of my parents do yoga and they really like it.As for me, I don't like gyms and group workouts so prefer to do it online here. This way I can also adapt my practice to the way i feel. Yoga for sleep, for flexibility and yoga for back pain are my favorite workouts.

Last edited:
A great thing about yoga that is suitable for all the ages. Both of my parents do yoga and they really like it.As for me, I don't like gyms and group workouts so prefer to do it online . This way I can also adapt my practice to the way i feel. Yoga for sleep, for flexibility and yoga for back pain are my favorite workouts.
What type of yoga do you do?

Soldato

How are your first few days going bud?

Caporegime
How are your first few days going bud?

Started yesterday on about 40g net carbs. I'll not get out the Ketostix until Saturday and see if anything's happening. But I felt fine, didn't feel hungry at all even though I should have been having massive sugar withdrawal symptoms. But no, it feels great not to be scoffing crap. It's going to be a bit tricky these first couple of weeks as I am determined to get rid of the last bag and bars of Huel I have (Black Edition so low-ish carbs) and then I'll be able to start proper in the latter half of the month.

Thanks for asking. :p

Caporegime
Zoinks. That's a bit nuts. After mentioning the Ketostix above, I got curious so decided to do a test anyway. With 40g net carbs for the past two days, I'm already in the middle purple zone on the chart. Wasn't expecting to use up all the liver glycogen that quickly. Must be down to the 10,000 steps of walking I've done each day. (Unless having asparagus for tea is giving a false reading! It certainly stinks to high heaven.)

Associate
This is where I'm at right now, I must say it's much more enjoyable tracking everything I eat on MFP. Definitely helps me to make better food choices when it's there in black & white. Eating between 2300-2500 calories a day, might still up that if weight loss becomes too extreme due to exercise but I have slowly been upping my protein as well as my fruit & vegetable intake. Felt pretty awful at first, feeling of no energy being the biggest issue but starting to feel a bit better now. Whether that's the drop in sugar, salt, fat or whatever I don't know but hopefully I'll be more level in my energy rather than the up and downs I used to get when I had a sugar pick me up.

today.jpg

Associate
Started IF two weeks ago and I’m now down 2 kilos. Finding it surprisingly straightforward.

Started at 120 just after Christmas and now 114KG. That’s the lowest since the end of 2020 which is nice.

Goal weight of 100KG. I’ve been there before and it’s a nice weight for me.

Associate
Interesting. You’re about 2lbs lighter than me right now. How tall are you? Do you do a lot of exercise? I’m not eating more than 2000kcals with a TDEE of about 2400.
I'm 5'11, how tall are you? I enjoy running which is my primary exercise, was doing around 20mpw but slacked off recently, back on it now though. I still ate the same and started gaining weight which you can see. I have quite a physical job with heavy lifting and I'm on my feet a lot, depending what I'm doing it can be anything from 4 miles to 12 miles a shift. Belly fat is the only reason I want to lose weight, I want it shifted once and for all!

Started IF two weeks ago and I’m now down 2 kilos. Finding it surprisingly straightforward.

Started at 120 just after Christmas and now 114KG. That’s the lowest since the end of 2020 which is nice.

Goal weight of 100KG. I’ve been there before and it’s a nice weight for me.
I really enjoyed IF when I did it years ago, felt so much more in control with not feeling like a slave to food plus I prefer eating a lot in one go, I struggled to keep up with it when working shifts though. Well done on the weight loss!

Caporegime
I'm 5'11, how tall are you? I enjoy running which is my primary exercise, was doing around 20mpw but slacked off recently, back on it now though. I still ate the same and started gaining weight which you can see. I have quite a physical job with heavy lifting and I'm on my feet a lot, depending what I'm doing it can be anything from 4 miles to 12 miles a shift. Belly fat is the only reason I want to lose weight, I want it shifted once and for all!

5'9", I do about 10 miles per week at the minute and then sit on my arse all day. So that explains how you can eat more than me if you are on your feet a lot.

Associate
5'9", I do about 10 miles per week at the minute and then sit on my arse all day. So that explains how you can eat more than me if you are on your feet a lot.
Yeah I’ll be in trouble if I ever got a desk job haha. Sometimes it can be a hindrance though as I can get so hungry that I just crave calorie dense foods and end up overeating junk. That’s why I’m hoping this healthier way of eating will curb the cravings. Lot more time spent in the veg aisle at the supermarket rather than the biscuits, crisps & chocolate aisles :D

Associate
Weight is still slowly creeping down for me.

Down to 226lbs from a high of 260lbs when I started. Not sure how much longer I can keep folding my current office trousers around me before I need to give in a buy some smaller ones :D

Wedding is 3 months away and I want to hit 215lbs by then, should be more than doable.
Awesome stuff, like you say it should be more than doable in that time frame. Seems very positive in here which is good :)

Caporegime
Yeah I’ll be in trouble if I ever got a desk job haha. Sometimes it can be a hindrance though as I can get so hungry that I just crave calorie dense foods and end up overeating junk. That’s why I’m hoping this healthier way of eating will curb the cravings. Lot more time spent in the veg aisle at the supermarket rather than the biscuits, crisps & chocolate aisles :D

I was expecting massive sugar withdrawal when I lowered my carbs last week but I'm finding I'm not hungry at all. Body is clearly enjoying chomping on all the fat it's got. :D

Back
Top Bottom