• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Big / Little cores, Windows 10/11 and AMD

Soldato
Intel is going down the big + little core path; AMD is not, at least with Ryzen 7000. Windows 10 cannot differentiate between the types of cores. So I think Ryzen 7000 CPUs be preferred by Windows 10 users. If I had a tinfoil hat I might wonder how much AMD was paying Microsoft to keep this feature out of Windows 10... :D

Soldato
Probably nothing, in the same way that Nvidia and AMD were not paying Microsoft to not support newer versions of DirectX on older versions of Windows, it was Microsoft's choice. Microsoft wants people to migrate to newer versions of Windows.

Caporegime
AMD are too busy paying Microsoft to have windows defender gobbling up cpu cycles from intel cpus

Man of Honour
Intel is going down the big + little core path; AMD is not, at least with Ryzen 7000. Windows 10 cannot differentiate between the types of cores. So I think Ryzen 7000 CPUs be preferred by Windows 10 users. If I had a tinfoil hat I might wonder how much AMD was paying Microsoft to keep this feature out of Windows 10... :D

Is Zen 4 supported officially by Windows 10? :o

Soldato

Any performance difference with AMD running on windows 10 and windows 11 ?

Soldato
Performance loss on windows 11

Gaming ? Any links to show difference with latest update on windows 11 found this but its old so probably improved more with newer updates , noticed windows 11 using less RAM ?

Soldato
Windows 11 is a tiny bit faster. Full disclosure, I use both OS on the specs in my sig. There's barely anything in it, but Windows 11 is fractionally faster for me.
thought so just early bugs on release which are sorted now :) might as well upgrade will end up missing on newer updates like direct storage etc

Caporegime
AMD are too busy paying Microsoft to have windows defender gobbling up cpu cycles from intel cpus

lol :D

Caporegime
Gaming ? Any links to show difference with latest update on windows 11 found this but its old so probably improved more with newer updates , noticed windows 11 using less RAM ?

Wow ok it actually is faster, only a couple of %, but every little bit......

Soldato
Windows 11 is a tiny bit faster. Full disclosure, I use both OS on the specs in my sig. There's barely anything in it, but Windows 11 is fractionally faster for me.

Windows 11 has a more optimized memory sub system and this likely adds to the very slight gaming improvement

Back
Top Bottom