Big ol' Burger Comparison Thread

Man of Honour
Byron is okay but I don't rate it that highly to be honest. I've been a few times and it has ranged from extremely meh (though still better than McDonalds obviously) through to pretty damn good (but still not as good as Almost Famous). Really need to get down to a few other cities to try out their pro burger places.

Soldato
Had a couple of Patty & Bun visits in the last few weeks - once to the Liverpool St one and once across to the one just off Bond Street station. Great burgers both times (and the chips are fantastic too) - had the chicken burger the second time around and it was excellent. Succulent, a nice tangy mayonnaise and juicy. Still think I prefer a medium-rare P&B burger, but the chicken burger is definitely worth a try!

Associate
Should definately go to Patty & Bun. I went a couple of weeks ago, been three times at lunch to the liverpool street location and there has been a a minimal queue.

Smoky Robinson, Fries with roast chicken mayo & chicken skin salt (This was awesome), Confit chicken wings.

LkSTb0fl.jpg
nu4F5Mhl.jpg

taB

taB

Associate
Breakfast at P&B by Liverpool Street is excellent, would highly recommend. Cheesy, oniony hash brown and a decent sausage patty with a runny yolked egg and chipotle ketchup that has just the right spice level for that time of day.

Caporegime
Tried the Sweet Caroline at Byron. Good, but not as good as the B Rex. GF went for her firm favourite of Le Smokey (minus the gherkins, which come my way, nom).

Added some shakes which we've never had before and they were great. At the Kingston one which seems to run a different (cheaper) priced menu than the inner London ones.

I just dont understand why people pay the same money or more to have to stand in a queue :confused:?

Associate
Apparently Byron and Five Guys are opening in Newcastle soon. Been to Byrons before and thought it was decent, not tried 5 Guys yet.

No pic but went to Meat Mission a few weeks ago. The Dead Hippie burger was excellent

Soldato
Forgot I posted here back in October! I did go to the Byron's in Exeter and came away feeling indifferent.

The burger itself was delicious, nicely cooked and tasted fab. But it was just too small, there wasn't enough chips either.

So what I did get was really nice, but I came away still hungry and around £40 lighter for me and the missus. I'd expect to be full for that. :p

Caporegime
No pic but went to Meat Mission a few weeks ago. The Dead Hippie burger was excellent

Yeah I went to Meat Mission with some work mates. It was decent, but my memory is a bit squiffy given the masses of beer we drunk :p

Liked the burger to be fair. Just cost far too much for what it is

This is the problem. The burgers are nice, but they are just stupid expensive for whats basically a McDonalds style restaurant.

Sacrilege! Sour vinegar gherkins are amazing!

I have tried to educate her, but alas I have failed. More for me though :D

Back
Top Bottom