Big ol' Burger Comparison Thread

Soldato
So plan to go to Byron at Liverpool Street on Sunday around 4pm but also have the option of Patty and Bun but its quite small so not sure if we will get a table for three of us?

What the best burger and sides to go for at Byron looking back in the thread it appears the B-Rex is the burger of choice?

Le Smokie or B-Rex with courgette fries and onion rings.

And if you're not 'drinking', then get yourself an oreo milkshake,

Soldato
Off to London for a few days next week with the better half. Never had Five Guys but had Shake Shack in NYC. I understand this is a Five Guys thread so it may be slightly bias but where would you recommend ?

Caporegime
I've not tried either UK variant, but tried both in NYC.

Shake Shack won in terms of their milkshakes, but I didn't think their marginally better burger justified the extra price and queue times over Five Guys.

Looking at the UK Five Guys prices though, pfffft, no thanks.

Soldato
Off to London for a few days next week with the better half. Never had Five Guys but had Shake Shack in NYC. I understand this is a Five Guys thread so it may be slightly bias but where would you recommend ?
Patty and Bun
Honest Burger
Meat Liquor :p

Soldato
Went to Five Guys in Kingston yesterday. I have to admit that it was better than my previous (and only) visit to Five Guys (Guildford). Had a bacon cheeseburger with all the toppings. It was much messier than P&B and Honest, with bits falling out of it whilst eating it, but it tasted quite good. Not up there with P&B and Honest though (the patty's are that great), but better than I thought it would be.

Soldato
I went to the new french burger place in town, yes really.

Big Fernand

And you know what it was pretty damn good. I had Le Bartholomé, which is raclette cheese, smoke streaky bacon, caremalised onions, chives, bbq sauce and their homemade cocktail sauce.

It was pretty messy in a good way, and you can (unsurprisingly) get your burgers cooked from blue upwards. I went for medium-rare which was lovely. Really tasty patty. And no brioche bun which made a nice change.

The chips weren't really french fries which was odd, they were tripled cooked though, so super crispy. Coated in paprika or something which I could do without, but still good. Homemade ketchup on the side too.

Worth a punt for any Londoners amongst us. If only to chat to the relatively hot french girls serving. Bonus points for authenticity :p
icon14.gif

Soldato
Went to Honest Burger in London yesterday. Was pretty bloody outstanding, had the 'honest' burger. Only criticisms; the burger needed some sort of sweet relish to just cut through the beef/onion combo and the cheese didn't get near it.

I also went to Honest Burger this weekend past and was also pretty impressed with it. The 'Honest' burger was served with a sweet red onion relish that worked well with the burger - did yours not have this?

Soldato
I thought Five Guys was pretty good. I was really happy with the burger as it tasted fantastic and had great texture.

The fries on the other hand though I absolutely hated, they were so salty they were inedible. I had about 5 and then binned the rest.

Prices were on the high side too.

Back
Top Bottom