Big ol' Burger Comparison Thread

Soldato
The one in Soho? I went on the first Fri they opened and just strolled straight in!

That said, I was actually a bit disappointed. Perhaps I need to go for dinner where I can really get stuck into all the sides, but my friernd and I thought that the burgers were annoyingly messy and not actually up to Honest Burger standards. I'll have to give it another go though, I haven't written it off given all the love it gets.

EDIT: It was the tomato that annoyed me the most. Tomato just makes a burger a wet, slippery mess. Not fun to eat.

Soldato
Have any of you tried Prime Burger yet? There's one at Euston train station and one at Kings Cross train station.

I went to the Euston one last week. The burger was really tasty and the bun didn't fall apart whist I was eating. It was quite greasy though.

The fries were excellent. Skin on jobbies and come with very little salt on them so unlike Five Guys I can actually eat them.

Soldato
It is with great sadness that I have to announce that it looks like Burger Meats Bun in Glasgow has closed and/or moved to Edinburgh. Your only choices now are Bread Meats Bread (which is pretty good but not as good), other restaurants, and the usual 5 Guys, GBK etc. RIP Burger Meats Bun, you are missed. I might have to go to Edinburgh especially for the haggis fries.

I've just had dinner, now I want second dinner.

I thought Burger Meats Bun was opening a bigger venue.

Soldato
Had a In N Out burger from Fisherman's Wharf in San Fran and it was terrible, also had a Burger King and McDonalds in Vegas as I couldn't remember where Holstein's was located :( and McDonalds was easily the best of the 3.

Will be having a 5 Guys when back down in London but may even try Byron.

Associate
Had a In N Out burger from Fisherman's Wharf in San Fran and it was terrible, also had a Burger King and McDonalds in Vegas as I couldn't remember where Holstein's was located :( and McDonalds was easily the best of the 3.

Will be having a 5 Guys when back down in London but may even try Byron.

That McDonalds in Vegas on the middle of the strip with panda express in the same place is surprisingly good i was in there at 4am and was packed!

I went to the In and Out burger in Barstow on the way to Vegas and it was amazing double double animal style i didn't even need fried i was so full.

Associate
Massive Five Guys fan here. So glad they built onqe near where I live. There's nothing fancy but they just do the basics so well. I always go for the cheeseburger with lettuce, onions and ketchup. Tried the hot dog last week and that was decent too but like a lot of hot dogs it was a bit rubbery.

Soldato
Visited London last week and called in Honest Burger near Kings Cross upon arrival, as we were ravenous and I preferred to wait rather than eat the over priced junk on the train!

I had the honest burger and gf had the chicken burger; both came with rosemary fries. I had a homemade lemonade (delicious) and the gf had the homemade mint lemonade (even more delicious, tasted like a non alcoholic mojito!).

The burger came marginally pink, but very juicy. The caramelised onion relish worked really well with the burger and salad and most importantly, it was edible as a burger without disassembly. The chicken burger was a butterflied chicken breast in a bun with mustard mayo.

I really enjoyed it and the whole bill came to £24 or so, which at London prices I don't think is bad at all.

I've not been to many "gourmet" burger places, being from the primitive north, aside from large chains, such things are fairly rare, so only have quality homemade and pub burgers for comparison, but it was a much more pleasant experience than your usual fast food outlet!

maj

maj

Soldato
A Five Guys just opened here in the North East at the Metro Centre. Will have to see what the fuss is about and how it compares to the burger chains we already have a few of.

Soldato
Something is always more popular when you can't actually get it!!

There are tons of Five Guys around where we live. When it first arrived it was awesome. Now it's a once a year disgusting treat maybe :p
Was in Dallas couple weeks back and becuase In and Out are not where we live, had to get one!

Back
Top Bottom