Big ol' Burger Comparison Thread

Associate
So my local burger joint got a visit by the guardian food critic it seems.

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...p-by-a-rule-of-tum-restaurant-review-hereford

I disagree about the comments on the wings, I think that beats most if not all I've tried all over. Only surpassed by the buffalo wings I had in northern Pennsylvania which is about 2 hours away from Buffalo.

Interesting. Dont get back to Hereford very often but will have a look sometime.
I was back the other week and went to the new Beefy Boys place
The burgers were amazing. And messy.
The Millionaire Fries and Bacon Fries were OM and the Jalapeno Poppers were PD good too.

All in all : Some nice stuff.
3ff5eQH.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
Interesting. Dont get back to Hereford very often but will have a look sometime.
I was back the other week and went to the new Beefy Boys place
The burgers were amazing. And messy.
The Millionaire Fries and Bacon Fries were OM and the Jalapeno Poppers were PD good too.

All in all : Some nice stuff.

I only been to the Beefy Boys once, had their standard burger and the ninja wings.

The wings was okay (Rule of Tum is better), the burger is good but what let it down was i had to wait 35mins. Granted it is Friday night but I've been to other absolutely packed burger places in Friday nights and never had to wait that long.

Associate
Until you guys try a hubox burger down here in Cornwall nothing else can compare had in and out which was amazing in Cali and so was Byron in London but they did beat them in the uk burger comp last year.

Very good burgers :)

Soldato
Well we've done Patty and Bun a fair few times now and it is our favourite Burger in London however fancied trying something different. In the same vain we've also done Meat Liquor a few times and we've also done Five Guys and Shake Shack too.

So the reason for Byron was we have never been before so fancied giving it a go as it was somewhere new and talked about quite a bit, however if you have any other recommendations for London then please let me know, always happy to try out Burgers :D

Have you tried Honest Burger? Worth a shout if you've not been before.

Caporegime
Something is always more popular when you can't actually get it!!

There are tons of Five Guys around where we live. When it first arrived it was awesome. Now it's a once a year disgusting treat maybe :p
Was in Dallas couple weeks back and becuase In and Out are not where we live, had to get one!

Too true. 5 guys are good, so are in & out. I have a 5 guy about 1 mile away but no in & out in this state so it is always nice to change things up.

Smash burger is also awesome.

Associate
Well we've done Patty and Bun a fair few times now and it is our favourite Burger in London however fancied trying something different. In the same vain we've also done Meat Liquor a few times and we've also done Five Guys and Shake Shack too.

So the reason for Byron was we have never been before so fancied giving it a go as it was somewhere new and talked about quite a bit, however if you have any other recommendations for London then please let me know, always happy to try out Burgers :D

Hachè burger in Camden is a must visit but they do have a few other locations in London also.

http://www.hacheburgers.com/

Soldato
Where a good place to go in London for spicy chicken wings?
Isn't that a specialty of Patty and Bun? I've never had then though.

@ Spuj, check out Le Big Fernand. Having finally tried P&B I was a bit underwhelmed. Honest Burger comes close but I actually think Le Big Fernand is my favourite.

Man of Honour
Popped over to Solita in East Didsbury again tonight. I went for a steak instead of the usual burger and really enjoyed it. Their jalapeño poppers were pretty tasty too, though paled in comparison to the short rib croquettes a friend had. Nom nom.

Soldato
Isn't that a specialty of Patty and Bun? I've never had then though.

@ Spuj, check out Le Big Fernand. Having finally tried P&B I was a bit underwhelmed. Honest Burger comes close but I actually think Le Big Fernand is my favourite.

Oh missed your post but thanks for the recommendation, I should be in London again this month so will try there next. Just had a look at their menu and it looks really good, Le Bartholome sounds delicious.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Butchers at Leadenhall Market, London.

Zb7HPkB.jpg

Obviously it's a butcher's so best cuts of meat and cooked to your liking!

Proper nice burger! :D under a tenner to take away - with chips!

BB x

Edit: not the greatest picture to do it justice :/ sorry!

Soldato
Honest Burger 1st visit (Covent garden). Burger itself was fine, but on the small side for what I paid & the fries, I think they scraped the bottom of the fryer for my serving, as a lot of them were small too & a few were amount to crisps. House salad was nice though.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
If it's one thing we can claim in MK, its that we have a ton of chains to eat at. I do love Byron. I haven't been to Five Guys yet. Smashburger is an interesting name..

Back
Top Bottom