Big problem please help

Associate
hey guys i have a strange hardware problem and need assistance.

when i start my system up some times it wont boot properly it just starts up then powers down then restarts over and over. it will do this until i open the side of the case and jiggle the graphics card about. then it will boot normaly some times my sound card wont work when this happens.. but a restart normaly fixes this.. i do have a water block on my graphics card and it bends the card ever so slightly. not enough for me to be concerned about before but this is very strange.

any one have any suggestions or tips?

Thanks in advance!

Soldato
If you can give us the full system spec and any oc'ing results u have got as well as temps they would all be useful to work out what is wrong. i was thinking possibly bend in graphics could mean poor contact in card slot. But with you being on water i suspect you may have possibly pushed it too far and maybe need to reduce the oc? hope you can tell us more.

Associate
OP
nope its not over clocked.. it was starting to get laggy due to bad uninstalls and i formated it

after the format it was very slow and laggy .. plus my down load speeds were awful.. so i tryed a reformat to see if that helped. but now i cant even do that it locks up ...or powers down without reason.

Spec is P4 lga775 radeon x850 pci 2g corsair ram 250 g deathstar HD and a Aerocool 550w power supply

this is driveing me crazy now

Associate
OP
strange ... trying to reinstall windows again and the screen keeps blacking out .... while its working ... sounds like a graphics card problem?

Soldato
does sound a bit odd, do you have any spare bits to swap in and out with as that would let you know for sure if it is graphics.
Do you know what temps it is running at the cpu and the graphics ? as this could be a factor possibly.
download speeds is a bit of an odd one to have go wrong, is it wireless or you using onboard lan? could be linked to the mobo. should try a sandra soft test and see what it compares to other people with similar set up.

Back
Top Bottom