Biggest most expensive house ever

Caporegime
Also not sure about it being the biggest. Even that link from Google maps doesn't seem like it's all that big. There's some private villas around here that are huge. Like small island sized.
https://maps.app.goo.gl/SNrAkYzbPGftcYvb9

Yeah, I don't doubt there are a few places in the Gulf states that can rival it.

There is at least one UK country house that can rival it too:

ZQTTqZn.jpg

And the US:

60hKaZL.jpg

Their claim is it is the biggest in the "urban world" but that tower block house in India, posted further up this thread, is bigger too.

Man of Honour
As people have said it's all a bit sterile, feels more like a luxury hotel and conference centre or something. Right from the entrance, into the foyer, you can hear the echoes which would make it all very eerie and desolate. Imagine coming home in the evening after dark, it would just feel so empty and lifeless rather than warm and inviting.

I also found the nightclub a bit underwhelming. It just looked like a trendy bar and definitely was not "bigger than most nightclubs" like he claimed, unless there was some other areas that weren't filmed.

That's not to say it isn't incredible with a whole bunch of wow factor, but yeah, it's not a home.

Soldato
https://www.lovemoney.com/gallerylist/56266/how-much-the-worlds-most-valuable-palaces-are-worth
This is a few years old so the prices are a bit low.

Mad to think the Tokyo Imperial Palace was estimated to be worth more than all the real estate in the State of California during the height of the Japanese property bubble in the late 80s. :D
Haha. Sure, your Bel Air condo that couldn't even fit a tennis court in it's floorplan is worth twice as much as the Blenheim Palace.

'I'm a wonderful human being and I deserve it'. Wow - does he come from the same school of humility as as Kanye West?

Soldato
As people have said it's all a bit sterile, feels more like a luxury hotel and conference centre or something. Right from the entrance, into the foyer, you can hear the echoes which would make it all very eerie and desolate. Imagine coming home in the evening after dark, it would just feel so empty and lifeless rather than warm and inviting.

I also found the nightclub a bit underwhelming. It just looked like a trendy bar and definitely was not "bigger than most nightclubs" like he claimed, unless there was some other areas that weren't filmed.

That's not to say it isn't incredible with a whole bunch of wow factor, but yeah, it's not a home.
If you watch the video with ProducerMichael he explains that it was meant to be a boxing/MMA venue for ultra wealthy. A bit like a 2021 version of the Roman colosseum.

Unfortunately he isn't allowed a commercial kitchen and it doesn't have a permit to allow folk to live in it at the moment. So it's neither a venue for the ultra wealthy nor a house.

He reckons he is FaceTiming someone who is going to loan him the 200mil to crack on :p

Caporegime
Not my type of house.

Have to say I live in a little 3 bed detached. You know. Probably a good size for. A couple and 1-2 kids. (we have none)

I don't think I'd want much bigger. It's enough work as it is.

Really made me appreciate how much more..
DIY
Cleaning
Heating
Maintenance

Goes into a bigger house.
And how you tend to fill your space. I'd probably just end up buying more junk with a bigger home.

Maybe bigger rooms would be nice. But these sprawling houses. They don't float my boat.

Associate
Not my type of house.

Have to say I live in a little 3 bed detached. You know. Probably a good size for. A couple and 1-2 kids. (we have none)

DIY
Cleaning
Heating
Maintenance

And how you tend to fill your space. I'd probably just end up buying more junk with a bigger home.

Maybe bigger rooms would be nice. But these sprawling houses. They don't float my boat.

this echos exactly what I feel.

What are referred to as the 1%ers who buy houses like this and super yachts…. Money can’t buy taste.

spending money for the sake of it.

Man of Honour
I prefer a small house, it’s more cosy. My wife and I could afford a much bigger property than the one we own, but it’s just not for me. Each to their own I guess.

Soldato
If you watch the video with ProducerMichael he explains that it was meant to be a boxing/MMA venue for ultra wealthy. A bit like a 2021 version of the Roman colosseum.

Unfortunately he isn't allowed a commercial kitchen and it doesn't have a permit to allow folk to live in it at the moment. So it's neither a venue for the ultra wealthy nor a house.

He reckons he is FaceTiming someone who is going to loan him the 200mil to crack on :p

Genius plan, invest millions without having basic permissions for it to be functional.

Caporegime
Haha. Sure, your Bel Air condo that couldn't even fit a tennis court in it's floorplan is worth twice as much as the Blenheim Palace.

'I'm a wonderful human being and I deserve it'. Wow - does he come from the same school of humility as as Kanye West?

I don't see what is funny about it being worth twice as much as Blenheim palace. First of all location and size dictate price not size alone. If you look at some of the other homes on the channel that are up for sale at $70-$100 million. Then sure I can believe it can be valued at $500 million quite easily. Los Angeles quite frankly blows London out of the water in terms of wealth and homes. Problem is I doubt anyone who wants to live in LA is willing to spend anywhere near that amount on a home that they didn't build themselves and unfortunately there is a ceiling on home valuations and isn't Blenheim Palance valued at that because of the land rather than the home? Anyone looking to spend that kind of money would be wanting it custom built to their specification and I doubt they would want a nightclub and half of the other crap he has built.

"eight square kilometers of iconic parklands designed by Lancelot ‘Capability’ Brown. All this of course comes at a price – property expert Henry Pryor estimates the Blenheim estate is worth in the region of $236 million (£180m)"

Again it's valued at £180 million I doubt anyone again would pay that much for Blenheim Palace. You can pretty much stick any valuation on anything selling price on the open market dictates the real price.

The guy is a tool. But you gotta admire the house as it's simply the perfect home for a Jay Z type when he was a batchelor. That's the problem when you build a home of that value with a nightclub. Realistically speaking Hugh hefner type or a billionaires son are the only buyers. There aren't many of them around so it's very niche. The idiot should have just built 5 different $100m homes on the land.

The home is therefore unsellable at that price as it's far too big and got far too much going on. It's therefore now only really worth that much as a venue for TV shows. I could see a big brother / love island type show being filmed in the house.

I don't think it's every going to be getting PPV events unless it's youtubers boxing which IMO is a complete farce. He's trying to cash in on it now as it's a loss maker at that price even though it's likely easily worth $500 million.

Caporegime
I prefer a small house, it’s more cosy. My wife and I could afford a much bigger property than the one we own, but it’s just not for me. Each to their own I guess.
I’m with you on that one. These ginormous houses are so impersonal and would make me feel very insecure. It’s like living outside. Someone could break a window and get in and you wouldn’t even hear it. Also, when I need a glass of water at night, I’d prefer to nip downstairs rather than a 15 minute trek

Soldato
It also gets to the point where the value of property like Blenheim Palace are suppressed by how much you can monetise it because the upkeep is £lol. Could you imagine the insurance costs (fire is a huge risk on these historic properties) let alone something like the heating bill.

You need a small army of gardeners just to maintain the gardens let alone the house. The place is listed so you can’t change it, have to use mind blowingly expensive materials and methods to do so and your required to keep it in good nick.

You are effectively buying a business and not a house because you have to run it as a business otherwise it will bankrupt you.

As they say the quickest way for a billionaire to become a millionaire is to buy a yacht.

Caporegime

The house was never meant to be a venue it was meant to be a house and sold as soon as it completed. Someone gave him the idea it should be used as a venue for ppv events and TV shows and then he thought he could turn it into a business and wanted to go down that route.

Funny thing is you can easily convert any venue which currently holds tens of thousands of people into a exclusive venue for 2000 which is apparently the limit for this house in a Covid environment.

Not my type of house.

DIY
Cleaning
Heating
Maintenance

There is a huge difference between a 3 bed and a 500 million dollar LA super mansion with a whole host of home sizes in-between.

I am lucky enough to have family who have houses probably 5-10 times the size of yours and they aren't that much more to run other than heating. As an example one has a 7 bedroom home with 7 bathrooms also 5 of which are en suites. Has a balcony area. The largest bedroom is probably bigger than all of my bedrooms combined. So this isn't 7 small closet sized bedrooms neither they are all very spacious with 2-3 of them ridiculous in size. For example one even has a hot tub within its en suite.

I also live in a 3 bed detached fyi. And I find it's far too small and I could easily do with a 4 bed now and in a few years I'll likely need a 5 bed. I don't plan on moving for another 9 years though. I don't want to have a mortgage on my next home purchase I want to be a cash buyer and my plan is to be in that position in 9 years time.

Soldato
I’m with you on that one. These ginormous houses are so impersonal and would make me feel very insecure. It’s like living outside. Someone could break a window and get in and you wouldn’t even hear it. Also, when I need a glass of water at night, I’d prefer to nip downstairs rather than a 15 minute trek

I'd imagine most of the types of people who live in these homes will have a security team about. So would be a real challenge to even get into the gardens/boundaries of the house, and any breaking of a window would undoubtedly trigger a security response.

As for a glass of water, i'm sure they must have a gold tap providing spring water right in the bedroom. Either that or just a case of keeping bottled water in a fridge in the bedroom.

Back
Top Bottom