Bike for large guy

Associate
I'm a large guy in the last 3/4 years I've gone from 190lbs to 290 and want to go back down

Looking for a new bike that can handle 300 with not too much of an issue inclines and declines around 8/12 degrees.

I literally have a budget of like £400 this month as partner getting new mobility scooter. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I went down to halfords as closest store, basically was told all the new bikes with alloy frames can hold my weight with ease and they have much larger guys riding them. Strange to think even when I was 13st my old bike I spent £330 on broke at the axel twice on flat roads.

I hopefully will pick up my bike on Friday when they call me to tell me they have it :)

Associate
OP
The frames easily take heavier riders the wheels don't. If you start breaking spokes before you go spending money replacing them consider at least a tougher rear wheel first.

Ah OK that makes sense, hopefully I won't be breaking anything too soon because I put it "bike wheels for fat *****" and its just a list of chunky tyres , pretty sure I don't weigh as much as I have been losing inches. But always overestimate incase I'm wrong

Back
Top Bottom