Bike lights for kids

Soldato
I need to get my kids a set of bike lights. The problem is their bikes are too small to be able to mount the light on the seat post. Front light should be fine, but the rear light is a problem.

Their bike helmets are only small kiddy ones (they're 4 and 6), so don't have the vents that I think most helmet lights attach to. They don't carry bags either, so can't clip it to that either (I guess I could make them wear one, but that seems overkill).

Any recommendations on something that might fit the bill?

Caporegime
You can get rear lights that attach to saddle rails so they basically sit under the back of the seat.
No idea if they are good for kids though and don't know any off hand.

Alternatively wrap part of an innertube around then frame/seatpost that's too thin, then you can just use a normal light

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Ooh good call. I didn't think of that. Might need to find a light with a very flexible mount as the seat stays are closer to the horizontal than adult bikes.

I've actually ordered a pair of Specialized Shuffle LED Mips helmets as they have a rear light integrated into the back of the helmet. They've not arrived yet though, so might revert to your suggestion if they're no good.

Back
Top Bottom