Bike overheated - problem solved!

Associate
Hi All,

Was riding my CBR600 F3 a couple of weeks back, a little hard but not extreme and when i pulled up at my destination water was running down the underside of the bike.

I nursed it home, it reached max temp so i had to stop to let it cool. Initially i thought it was the radiator fan not working and the water was from overflow but turned out to be the water pump! The pipe had come off because the metal tube on the water pump that the pipe slid on had rusted off! My uncle drilled it out, put a new bit of metal on and sealed with liquid metal.

Topped it back up with water / coolent and all seems well now. Temp stayed low on a quick ride and fan come on at 1/2 way when it got hot on idle after the ride.

Thought i would share, im chuffed as was thinking fan switch £100, water pump £160 etc

Oh on a side note, anyone hear about the biker who got knocked off in Bristol near the long ashton park and ride last night? I seen the poor chap being given medical attention on the road from the bus - didnt look good.

Soldato
Doesnt sound so good.

BBC said:
The inbound carriageway and one lane outbound was shut for about four hours while investigations were carried out.

This always amazes me. go abroad and they take no time at all clearing up accidents, even if someone is hurt. I remember one a few years back in spain on the motorway. Big pile up and people saying someone was killed. Within 2 hours you would never know there had been anything going on.

Back
Top Bottom