Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Soldato
Yes. :) It's either that or the Honda CB1000r, the way i look at it, if i don't like it, i'll swap it for something else. :)
It'd be worth test riding something with lots of torque first, from memory almost all of you bikes have been revvy in their power delivery. It might save you a few pennies if you fall in love and it's not often you get to say that ;)

Soldato
It'd be worth test riding something with lots of torque first, from memory almost all of you bikes have been revvy in their power delivery. It might save you a few pennies if you fall in love and it's not often you get to say that ;)
You know what that means.... Superduke 1290R :D I think clov!s is trying to get something a little cheaper this time round though.

Soldato

Of all the bikes I’ve had, the S1000r had the most torque but coupled with an inline 4 engine, it was rather bland and boring.

That amount of torque again + a V4 or Twin would be perfect but the bikes available are either too expensive right now as I’m saving for a house or too unreliable. :)

Soldato
You know what that means.... Superduke 1290R :D I think clov!s is trying to get something a little cheaper this time round though.
I’d love one but can’t justify spending 10K on one now when I’ve got my targets set for a house before the end of the year, I only need 5k more and I’ll have earned that by the end of April, so not long to go. :)

Soldato
PSA - Halfords have got 50% off gearless ratchet sets with the code workshop50 And 20% off socket sets with workshop20.

They've got a nice new ratchet spanner set which will be £20 after the discount, might have to get a set at the weekend.

Associate
PSA - Halfords have got 50% off gearless ratchet sets with the code workshop50 And 20% off socket sets with workshop20.

They've got a nice new ratchet spanner set which will be £20 after the discount, might have to get a set at the weekend.

Yep, cheers, gone for that.

7 piece gearless spanner set: 8, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17mm - £20.

Soldato
I had a 50 and a 125 about a decade ago. Other than a CBT about a month ago, nothing else.

Yesterday was okay, aside the odd blizzard, the snow didn’t settle and the sun was out. Today, however, has been cancelled.

Riding the big bike was brilliant. Obviously much heavier than a 125, but aside that, pretty much everything else was better/easier.

Soldato
I know i said i had decided on an MT-09 and i wasn't going to spend more than 4k but a really good Tuono 1100 Factory has just come up for sale only a few minutes from my house. :p

Back
Top Bottom