***Biker's Lounge Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Bought time us overclockers should get a seperate biker section, sadly i cant see that happening so this thread will have to do:D

As of the 1st of march i will be the proud owner of my first big bike (passed my DAS last week) which is a Honda Hornet CB600F. Its all paid for and ive read my manual and and got tips off my grandad and uncle who are bikers.
I want a satnav later on but my they told me not to get one as its dangerous and you need ear plugs in your ear as it can get quite deafening when your out on the road.

Soldato
OP
I still am tempted by a satnav and if you really think it aint dangerous to have one then i really need to think about it. Maybe if i hold off on getting one for a couple months and just concentrate on getting used to my new bike then ill treat myself.

So the TomTom Rider pretty good then?

Soldato
OP
Mate I got a TomTom within a week of buying my first bike, wanted to get loads of experience in, so headed off into the lake district etc, and was very handy for coming home in a reasonable time, rather than taking ages and getting lost lol.

But yeah, TomTom rider is really good, fully water proof, near indestructible, and very usable.

Thats a big reason for getting myself a satnav, as i know if i go more than 20 miles ill get lost, and then have to turn it into a camping trip:p

Soldato
OP
Each to his own. :)

For me personally I have to say that looks and aesthetics play a big part in choosing a bike so no matter how good the engine is I just couldn't bring myself to part with the cash for something like the new VFR 12. Nothing against Honda's but they can sometimes look a wee bit bland. ;)

Thinking about it your right looks are quite important for picking bikes, out of curiosity what do you think of the Hornet CB600FA....careful how you answer as ive just bought one two weeks ago:mad:;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom