Bikes like a Kawasaki Versys?

Soldato
Hi all,
After a bike with a similar riding position to a Versus, but can't tolerate a Suzuki GSF1250 well because of my arm limitation (can't extend right arm. Locked at 45-60°).

Fits me perfectly but any other similar bikes to try?

Soldato
OP
Multistrada? Thanks for the suggestions.

I'll look into those, nothing is off the table as a touring bike. My CBR is lovely to ride at a decent lick or over short distances but it was killing my shoulders on a trip around Scotland. When I was cornering fast and having a play it was nice, but I like my licence lol.

Associate
Honda NT1100? I was given one for a few hours while my bike was getting work done. It’s ugly as sin but felt like I was sitting on a couch. The most comfortable bike I’ve ever ridden, also the engine is good fun and sounds nice so not as boring to ride as it looks.

Edit: I don’t remember it being a big reach to the bars.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Ok, day out sitting on motorbikes.
V Strom. Feels ok, looks minging.
Tiger 1050. Feels better than it looked and potential.
Tracer 700/900. Didn't work for the position.
BMW K1600? K1800? Huge but felt pretty good.
Multistrada - weighs a ton and position wasn't brilliant.
Africa twin. Huge bike, but felt ok and could be adapted.
Going to try a V Strom and a Versys for a test ride hopefully.
I really want a Fireblade or something. Lol

Soldato
Take a look at the MV Agusta Turismo Veloce.
Gorgeous looking bike with a cracking engine and a lot of tech as standard. the lusso version adds electronic suspension. The later models have a SCS clutch and various other updates.

looking at bikes myself and can't decide between one of these or a KTM 790/890 adventure R

Soldato
OP
Update:
Had a test ride on a Versys 650 in the wet. Very nice and stable.
The instructors found out I was an exracer fairly quickly as they looked at me the entire brief "no speeding, wheelies, dangerous riding, aggressive riding etc" :D
They stuck me at the front as I was in the smallest bike, and I'd slow down to give a gap then have a play to catch them up.
We still lost the riders behind me 3x.
Told them when we stopped to return, I was slowing down so I could properly test the bike and get a feel for it (in the wet), so they set off 100mph+ (they were on 1000cc+ bikes) and I was enjoying it. Then we had to pull over and wait for the others for a few minutes lol.
Fitted me perfectly.
Stable bike in the wet too.
Got a possibly good deal on a new one too hopefully because I used to race against the store owner and they used to sponsor me unofficially.

Soldato
Versys 650 are good albeit a little under powered. However, you've got loads of choice in the adventure-ish segment now, across a wide range of engine sizes to suit you.

For alternatives consider,
Triumph Tigers
Suzuki V-Strom
Ducati Multistrada
KTM Adventure 890/990/1190/1290 (890/1290 are current gen and are good).

Soldato
Moto Guzzi V100 Mandello? Pricey but looks great imo.
Ive owned two Versys 650's in the past, a Gen 1 & Gen 2 later down the line and loved them both.
Did wish they had just a /bit/ more power though, say about 80hp or so just to make motorway riding less buzzy.

Soldato
I really want a Fireblade or something. Lol
How about something like a Yamaha MT10
Not the best bike for touring due to fuel tank range

Or something different maybe like a Tenere 700

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
How about something like a Yamaha MT10
Not the best bike for touring due to fuel tank range

Or something different maybe like a Tenere 700
Thank but i tried sitting on an MT10 and it doesn't suit my arm.

So far, the only bike i've found that fits is a Versys. Tried everything from an Africa Twin to Versys with everything in between tried - BMW, Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Benelli, Ducati, Aprilia.

Caporegime
Vt85 motoguzzi

Or any bike you can rotate the bars on. If you can stick a renthal on the stock blocks you can rotate the bar back to bring it closer for your t-rex limb.(might have to drill holes for the lever blocks or grind the nubs off the inside of them depending.

Saw your turned down the Africa twin it can take a bar and so can be brought back closer. Heck its a bent tube get one custom made for any bike that has blocks instead of clipons just may need to adjust hose lengths.

Good to see you back on the bikes btw

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom