Biking Meet Up OcUK

Associate
Many moons ago, at a guess 10 years, maybe more, there was a meet up organised on these here forums for bikers somewhere just off the M6 I think with a forum photographer. Is this still a thing? Can't remember how many there were of us that turned up, wasn't many though, no more than 10 people.

Man of Honour
We've not had any since I started riding nearly 7 years ago that I'm aware of. Actually that's not quite true Kreeeee had a few guys over to the alps a couple of years ago I think but that's a bit more extravagant than a car park meet :D

Associate
Ah I recall one near Reading about ten years ago too! Maybe more! @agnes was there with some Ducati and I feel like we ended up at Mallory Park!

EDIT: I was on either the F800 or my first K1300S then!

Associate
OP
Having thought about it more I'd say it was more than 10 years ago, not by much and bike meets seemed from memory to be a yearly regular thing at the time. I remember going on my Fireblade and the photographer took some really good pictures and emailed them to the people that turned up. Maybe someone with some organisational skills can arrange something later this year?

Found the original thread from the meet I went https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/the-ocuk-bikers-meet-2006-12th-of-august.17544716/page-17

16 years AGO!!!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
We've not had any since I started riding nearly 7 years ago that I'm aware of. Actually that's not quite true Kreeeee had a few guys over to the alps a couple of years ago I think but that's a bit more extravagant than a car park meet :D

We should definitely do the Alps trip again, or either the Pyrenees or Dolomites.

I’ve been to a total of 5 OcUK meet ups / trips over the years.

Associate
OP
I'd be up for this but am in the North West so not sure how feasible it would be with all you Southern wombles.

Well I think the meet I went whoever organised it kind of just met as centrally as poss for everyone. If I remeber correctly I met up with a couple people and followed them to the meet. Would also be nice get someone to take pics again.

I'm Stoke.

Soldato
1 so far. Going on my own. First trip on bike overseas. Asked a few people who either said no or yeah then closer dropped and decided go Whitby. So eff 'em.

Either doing 5 days over Vosges or 5 days Normandy
Shame I’m flying to Tenerife on the 8th of June otherwise I’d come along.

We should organise a meet up though, even if it’s a Saturday morning somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom