Billionaire Peter Thiel's Olympics on Steroids

Soldato
Have you seen the news, that a doping friendly version of the Olympics is being bank rolled by Peter Thiel?

I personally cannot wait to see this if it goes ahead, seeing what the records can be set when athletes are allowed to be doped to the gills!

Soldato
OP
The Olympics will always have the prestige, as if you're an Olympic champion you're the greatest clean* athlete in the world within your discipline.

However, making money from being, or after being, an Olympian isn't the easiest of tasks - only boxing (to the best of my knowledge) translates well in to a future money making career, and adds tangible value to your marketability for your professional fights.

A privatised doping friendly version of the Olympics could have some serious prize pool money if they're fully sponsored events - that being said, how many would openly sponsor and promote doping friendly competitions, I suppose world's strongest man isn't doing too badly commercially.....

*until proven otherwise.

Soldato
OP
Strongman competitors at most (if not all) levels are juiced to the max, it's unspoken common knowledge - there's not been too many "hearts exploding" in that realm!

Also, let's not forget a certain Lance Armstrong whose heart hasn't yet exploded.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom