bin zone alarm to replace with kerio?

Soldato
guys have been reading up a lot on firewalls, ZoneAlarm can get awful annoying at times.. thinking of binning it and replacing with Kerio Personal Firewall.

Anyone think this ISNT a good idea??

Man of Honour
It is a very good idea, Kerio is a very good firewall, as is ZA.

I have found ZA to be a bit of a pian in the arse, particularly with online gaming. I was using WInXP firewall but became concerned about outbound connections, I have found Kerio to be the best firewall I have used, after trialing Outpost, ZA and Look'N'Stop.

Soldato
OP
AJUK said:
It is a very good idea, Kerio is a very good firewall, as is ZA.

I have found ZA to be a bit of a pian in the arse, particularly with online gaming. I was using WInXP firewall but became concerned about outbound connections, I have found Kerio to be the best firewall I have used, after trialing Outpost, ZA and Look'N'Stop.

cheers for that.. Do you use the free kerio package or did you pay for the subsciption?

cheers for help

Man of Honour
jonnyc747 said:
cheers for that.. Do you use the free kerio package or did you pay for the subsciption?

cheers for help

I use the paid for version because it also inclides HIPS/IDS (intrusion protection), AD blocking and cookie filters etc. It is a bargain at the moment because Sunbelt are offering a subscription for £8 with a special offer

The only configuration required is to set deny for 'All other applications' and you are fully stealthed. :)

Back
Top Bottom