Bios problem

Associate
Hi All
I have just rebuilt my new system after returning a DS4 motherboard back which lasted 3 weeks before failing.
My system is;
Gigabyte DS4 Bios F3
Geil 2*512Mb PC6400 800Mhz
HIS X1900GT Silent 256Mb
Western Digital 250Gb SATA
E6300 Core 2 Duo
Akasa 3 Copper Pipe Cooler

I put the replacement board back in and fired it up and have been running at default settings since Saturday night.
Last night I updated the bios to F3, but left the back up bios at F2.
I then set the memory timings at 4-4-4-12 with a 3 times multiplier and upped the voltage to +0.3 and the memory is now running at 800mhz.

My question is that when I use CPUZ or Sisoft Sandra, they both report the bios as F2 and not F3.
On booting the post screen ssays that it is F3.

P.S.I'm well pleased with the Akasa cooler, as I was using the stock Intel cooler on the board that was reolaced and was hitting 35C to 40C, now its 25C to 28C.

Associate
OP
Pizzaboy2003

Hi Pizzaboy2003

No I did not clear the CMOS after the Bios update as it did not say to do so in the manual.
It only stated that I had to load the optimal settings.
Should I also load the F3 bios into the back up bios as that will still be on F2 and is that what is being picked up by CPUZ and Sisoft Sandra?
Do you know how to check which version of Easytune that I am running and where I can get hold of a newer version. It is not on the Gigabyte sit as far as I can see.
Normally you can go to the about menu in a program and check its version history.

Cheers Windy
P.S. Once I'm happy that everything is ok with the Bios upgrade and memory settings then I will try a bit of overclocking.

Cob

Cob

Soldato
CPU-Z reports that i'm still using f1 despite using f6 on my DS3. As long as the POST screen confirms your BIOS version correctly then there's nothing to worry about.

Back
Top Bottom