Bios update help

Associate
Hello,

Looking for some help on a bios update.

I recently got the MSI Tomahawk B650 WIFI and this looks to be on the bios from 2024-02-21 (7D75v1E).

I am looking to flash to the most recent version (7D75v1J) which includes updates to the boot time as some of you will know the AM5 has slow booting with XMP due to the memory training.

The last time I updated the bios on a MSI board it bricked the board (This may of been my fault for updating through the MSI Center)

If I flash it using M-Flash how safe is this and if there is the problem with it bricking would the flashback resolve this?

If there is an alternative to help boot time without the need to upgrade I am all ears :D

Just update it using the USB bios flash button, the instructions should be in your manual. There is very little chance in bricking a board when it has bios flashback.
Thanks that was one of the options I was considering as from what I was reading online if you have the components in then use the M-Flash and if you don't use the flashback button. Have also seen the MSI side is picky with the USBs used and sometimes doesn't like certain ones.

to me the safest way is update through bios. Flashback is just not enough feedback and should be used when everything else is not an option. And windows tools are just too scary.
that way you can actually see which file you are using, it runs verification and shows progress. The only way you can brick this is by cutting power at a certain time
remember to load optimised defaults beforehand, to wipe any overclocks and unusual settings
Perfect, Ill give that a go then, is there specifics to the size of the USB or is it just a case of sticking file on root of USB and finding it in the M-Flash

Back
Top Bottom