Bioware's Anthem

Although the Apex release has done something else... I would love to know how many players it has got to download Origin for the first time..

I know to most of us having more than one launcher isn't a problem but going by some of the threads on here there are some that turn green at the thought.

i reckon they have a large amount of new players they can expose to the store... It's genius really.

It is ironic how many who were vehemently against downloading any launcher other than Steam , have now got into Apex and downloaded Origin, mere weeks after slating Epic Store. Just goes to show how many will bend the moment a good game comes out on another launcher, its why I said at the time that if some huge title like Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC came out only on Epic Store a fair number of people who said they would not have Epic would go and get it.

No they don't, remember back to what we have lost, the original Battlefront 1 and 2, private servers, mod packs, a mod community almost as big a morrowind was, private servers, battlefield 1 and 2 (originals) private servers, custom maps with 128vs128 custom mod systems.

Trying to monetise every aspect of games, kicking the mod community in the teeth, forcing the Origin client, loot boxes, unfinished games, stripping the team for Mass effect Andromeda and enforcing decisions that almost made it inevitable to fail, no refund for those of us who bought the dlc pass when they decided not to continue.

No they do not deserve another chance, especially when we have developers like CD Project red who still do it the right way. I know where my money will go.

mate you can literally try the game for a month for £1.50. I said give them a chance, not take £60 of my money.

edit: Actually i have this slightly wrong i think, you can try it for 10 hours for £1.50 with a code

Or you can pay like £70 for the year or £13/15 a month and get premier access with other games too.

Regardless, my point is that it deserves a go when you can try it at a low cost.

Last edited:
how do you get a month for £1.50?

Actually i have this slightly wrong i think, you can try it for 10 hours for £1.50 with a code

Or you can pay like £70 for the year or £13/15 a month and get premier access with other games too.

Regardless, my point is that it deserves a go when you can try it at a low cost.

Last edited:
Actually i have this slightly wrong i think, you can try it for 10 hours for £1.50 with a code

Subscribing to the basic subscription gets you 10 hours too (£3.99)

It is ironic how many who were vehemently against downloading any launcher other than Steam , have now got into Apex and downloaded Origin, mere weeks after slating Epic Store. Just goes to show how many will bend the moment a good game comes out on another launcher, its why I said at the time that if some huge title like Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC came out only on Epic Store a fair number of people who said they would not have Epic would go and get it.

I'm someone absolutely against the Epic Store and I already had Steam, Origin, Uplay, Battlenet and probably others that don't come to mind... because (as so many people still seem to fail to understand) people's issue with Epic Store isn't having to have another launcher... it's the hugely anti-consumer exclusivity practice and precedent they are trying to set, the bullying strong-arm approach to forcing people onto their platform, and the fact that they're a company with a completely terrible security record owned by a megacorp that are in the pocket of the Chinese govt. :rolleyes: (but no of course hurr durr Steam Monopoly fanbois)

mate you can literally try the game for a month for £1.50. I said give them a chance, not take £60 of my money.

edit: Actually i have this slightly wrong i think, you can try it for 10 hours for £1.50 with a code

Thing is it doesn't matter to me if it is good or bad, I will not give EA and the shareholders in that company any amount of money, they are poisoning the Gaming market and other companies are seeing examples and rolling with it.

I know my choice means nothing to EA but it means something for me, I won't touch anything they make. some will think I'm being unreasonable but there is a lot of companies that deserve my support EA is not. Just personal choice.

I couldn't continue to game if I sold my gaming soul to that company.

I'm someone absolutely against the Epic Store and I already had Steam, Origin, Uplay, Battlenet and probably others that don't come to mind... because (as so many people still seem to fail to understand) people's issue with Epic Store isn't having to have another launcher... it's the hugely anti-consumer exclusivity practice and precedent they are trying to set, the bullying strong-arm approach to forcing people onto their platform, and the fact that they're a company with a completely terrible security record owned by a megacorp that are in the pocket of the Chinese govt. :rolleyes: (but no of course hurr durr Steam Monopoly fanbois)

I remember when you could play battlefield games without the Origin launcher you could even purchase them on steam.

I loved battlefield so i was "bullied" into getting Origin.

Thing is it doesn't matter to me if it is good or bad, I will not give EA and the shareholders in that company any amount of money, they are poisoning the Gaming market and other companies are seeing examples and rolling with it.

I know my choice means nothing to EA but it means something for me, I won't touch anything they make. some will think I'm being unreasonable but there is a lot of companies that deserve my support EA is not. Just personal choice.

I couldn't continue to game if I sold my gaming soul to that company.

Fair enough.

Meanwhile any news on exact launch times on Friday?

If you have Origin Premiere, you can pre load now and play at 10:30 tonight. Not sure about Origin access.

Source regarding playing tonight? Just popped over to reddit and it confirmed what Lie said that it is 3pm tomorrow. Pre-load has been up since 6pm last night.

Back
Top Bottom