Bitcoin - Just read about it - Love any Advise.

Associate
So apart from the below I'm also after your opinion on Bitcoin.

Here is my rig.

i7-3770K @ 3.8GHz (Ivybridge) - Alpenfohn K2 - Gigabyte Z77X-UP4 - 16Gb DDR3 - GTX 670 - 2x 128Gb Samsung SSD - 1Tb HDD - Corsair HX 850W ATX - NZXT Switch 810 Big Tower Case - White

I have limited cash - so hoping I can achieve something with what I have. Please advise me on what you thinks possible! :) You've all helped me out greatly so far - You were the ones who helped me build my rig! I know I can trust in your advise. - So I'm not only looking for good advise / but also - What I can achieve with what I have / Can extra power thats been mentioned below be worth my effort? Thanks

I may soon have the option of adding to my rig more GPU power - feel free to advise me on what that should be - In relation to what I have - Since it all have to be compatible and work together.

All I know so far of which I may be able to add to said rig would be -

another GTX670

or some sort of many - FPGA cards - some how fixed in there and all working. Maybe cheaper? who knows, im just after extra power if possible for obvious Bitcoin reasons.

Thank you for reading.

Edit ---- So After reading this --- http://bitcoinminer.com/post/20028732430/gpu-mining-dead I am unsure what hardware to invest in lol. Any help will be great things. Also do you think that the GTX's can handle mining in general?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I have also just come across this

- https://products.butterflylabs.com/30gh-bitcoin-miner.html

Which are pre designed and made Miners

But... if you look and I think I am right, For example the 60gh one costs a bit right.

But the power of my GPU they say from the graph would bring in 112 + GH which I already own..

So even looking at that product, investing for just 30 more GH maybe not worth it.

I would like to try out my rig mining yeah.

Just worries when they say, GPU mining be dead within 6 months? :L

Associate
OP
Hmmmm

Im not paying for electricity, Im in uni Accommodation.

In around 2 months though, or 2.5 I'll be going back home. But even then I wont be paying for it I guess.

How much does it increase electricity bills? As I wouldn't want to cost my parents that much of an Increase.

And then the only thing I have to then ask is...

I need to change GPU then....

I did a lot of research into picking my GPU and I picked the GTX670 Windforce model. Which I highly like.... I am very skeptical about switching. So around that price range,

Can you recommend some models that are around that price range which are either the same or better than my current GPU?

And whats also vital obviously... is if that GPU --- Fits my MOBO being - Gigabyte Z77X-UP4

Thank you all for your advise!

Not only this.... But this would mean I would been to sell my GPU... which would be a ball ache...

I will be getting like 350 pound spare in a few months, probably in the summer. So that could help out as well.

Its annoyed me how GTX are failing me in this department compared to AMD...

I could probably be able to switch to two strong AMD's if you all think its okay - and only if my MOBO can take it..... hopefully someone can advise if it can.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I'm not interested in the fact that there may be many crashes in the future.

Your comment offered me nothing.

I've already explained the items and costs that I'm thinking about and dealing with. And the advise I am looking for in relation to my current hardware and compatibility if I so choose to make a GPU switch.

Hopefully my MOBO can handle duel AMD GPUS.

Thank you for your useful comment.

Associate
OP
Not the overall response I was aiming for - So I shall re aim.

By looking at this link - https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining_hardware_comparison

Do you think that if I buy and install...... 2 AMD 7950

Therefore running both by next week -

Would this be a waste of time?

I don't pay for electricity and don't intend to for a few years.

---- I trust your advise Papa. - And I will probably follow what you say.

I am just researching to see what could be plausible and possible for fun. Since making 1 dollar for free I like the sound of achieving

if u get what I mean

So when looking at how much I shall be gaining from two 7950's from that link.

My methodology would then render me with positive results... no?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thank you so much Kotu and a few others for your great advise and help. I wasn't expecting some of the other comments on such a respectable site as this, but I guess you just cant get away from tards no matter where you go haha.

It's a very interesting concept.

I have also looked into the newly released miners that were featured in one of the links above/ the new type thats pushing GPU out of the way.

It's odd how I posted that link, yet then most of the comments preceding that are comments that were saying how its moving from GPU anyway.

Which were worthless comments, as I'd already posted the link related to that topic and that technology, and if advised I'd buy that new technology anyway instead.

Your idea of building a separate other PC is a nice idea as well. And could be fun!

--

Some of the people here need to bare in mind that I am researching here, and it would take a lot more time and repeated explanations before I bother to decide to do this or something like this. ha.

Some people need to realize that I would never spend my own money to do something like this lol.

I was in a car crash last month and I found out yesterday its going to earn me 1750 pounds. So I'm playing around with the thought of what I can do with 'some' of that cash. Not like this area needed to be mentioned though.

Thank you Kotu anyway and others. If it really did cost that much, it looks like I cant run it at home lol. I wouldn't be able to get away with it anyway they would notice the rise in that amount of bill.

bit of a pathetic comment from nkata. I'm finishing my degree lol, so I have no need or time for a job. and apart from that I have my degree related job lined up for the coming September as well, which will pay me a nice amount that I have not received before, I am glad that my degree will reward me then for all my expertise and hard work, plus I shall have very few bills to pay. So you can enjoy sucking on that. Since then I'll have even more money to think about wasting on hypothetical ambitions. tard.

Associate
OP
Thank you Bumhug that is exactly the type of reply I was intending for. and thanks to Kotu and a few others.

Hey Jon. My degree is in , 3D Modelling and Digital Animation. :) And instead of going from this degree to Industry - I am going to teach my area of expertise at college and then university level in stead, since I feel I'd enjoy that more and get more rewards from that. I'd prefer to try and follow what I enjoy and makes me happy if I'm ever presented with the chance to do so, so I'm aiming for that whenever possible. I've already pre arranged where I'll be working, so 'when things fall into place' Whenever that may be, I'll have a nice income while working from my studio room at my parents. Which means I won't need to pay for my own accommodation, and I'll be able to pay and help out my parents with their house and other means, and at the same time save up my earnings for future deposits and stuff which will be combined with my partners. Thats the aim anyway. Who knows what may happen though haha.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Hi there G. I have to disagree with you about my attitude.

Its true I cut some people down, and its due to the language they may have used. Simple as that. And I'll carry on cutting.

Apart from this - I like to learn from calculated mistakes. There isnt a single human that 'Only' Listens and never makes any mistakes. If I want to make 1 Dollar for free -Then help guide me along my path of experience - Which is what Kotu and a few others gladly did. And even then it only fed my knowledge, I have only speculated about spending money - Which I probably won't now that I have discovered another use for Bitcoins :D.

Thank you so much for your research and help MedSeven. what a nice reply.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Associate
OP
Ahh I see. Thanks

If these products are as good as people say. Then it does look like gpu method wont be doing very good.

Only thing I may worry about now is how long will my new asic product be good for lol. But I presume, pretty long. I should be sensible and invest only in the 4.5 one, even though it would hinder my ability to acquire the 30 g/h one if I wanted it in the future. But nvm haha.

Back
Top Bottom