Bitcoin RIP

Soldato
No the clue is not in the name (hence why I put it in commas). They are not traditional traders in the sense of the word.
Then they aren't traders. Traders trade, be it equities, options, Forex, crypto, commodities. The skills work across all markets.

Who wants their cut exactly? Please name them

Well for a start, there is ICE, or intercontinental exchange, owner of the New York Stock Exchange. They're wanting to offer physically settled Bitcoin futures. By that I mean they have to buy and hold the bitcoin on behalf of their clients, unlike the CBOE futures we already have that are derivatives and cash settled. They were due to start Dec 12th, but that's been put back to January.

Associate
Yawn. I work for a technology consortium who's members include a fair few of the larger financials in trying to leverage and standardise Blockchain for internal clearing functions. You can sit there and be facetious all you want. We'll come back in 10 years and be in exactly the same place :)

Developers like me will continue to work and enhance the project's like BTC. Institutional short-sightedness has never been a roadblock for BTC. Good luck , let's get on to other things.

Back
Top Bottom