BitFenix Recon Owners

Caporegime
Yes,but before it would do it for me. Now it stays on auto after reboot. For now ill use recon service. At least it works. Even though its nowhere near as good.

If i had to go back to using recon i think id buy a different fan controller. God that thing was terrible. My fans spend all day ramping up and down every two minutes when i use that.

Permabanned
If i had to go back to using recon i think id buy a different fan controller. God that thing was terrible. My fans spend all day ramping up and down every two minutes when i use that.

My fans don't do that.

The issues with recon service for me is the fans only go up to 1300rpm. My fans do 1600rpm other then that I haven't had any ramming up or down problems. I will say the interface on recon service is bloody awful.

Hope I can get Phoebetria working properly again. I miss it:(

Permabanned
Retro, this is the first we've heard of this ourselves so we'd like to troubleshoot this with you if you're willing...

If you load the profile in question manually through the profile screen does it load properly?

Also do me a favor and zip and send me your Phoebetria.sqlite database located here: C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Phoebetria
EDIT: Also include your Phoebetria.ini in the same path.

You can either upload it to the forum: www.phoebetria.com
Or email: phoebetria.software at gmail.com

Thanks

I sent the file through your forums. I have the same username there so you'll know who I am.

Hope this can be sorted.

Thanks mate:)

Associate

Teaser:
eb8ac53027375ff7a9ac0b8121709a.png

Associate
If you would like to test the latest beta you can download it from here:
http://www.phoebetria.com/forum/#/discussion/26/translators-needed

There are really only 2 changes in this release so far:
1. Diagnostic Report - This is an option in the Help Menu that will help us with support and it generates a report of your hardware configuration. There is nothing sensitive in the report and nothing is sent to us automatically, if theres need for support you will have to email it manually.

2. Localization - We only have a definition for German right now but we would like to add others. If you would like to participate you can pull down a document from the first post in the same thread as the executable. Right now the translation wont change until you restart Phoebetria but i'm working on that, i believe i can get it to update immediately after commit.

We invite anyone to test the latest changes whether you speak german or not so we can ensure a clean release, the more who test the greater the chance of success :)

It's just a windows executable so you'll just extract it, then rename it and place it in the same folder as your current version. They both can't be running at the same time but incase there are problems you can always switch back to your current version. Also remember to backup your settings files too located here:

Windows 7+
C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Phoebetria

Please let us know if you have any problems.

Enjoy...

Associate
OP
1.4.0 Released! Thanks again for everyone's support.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/phoebetria

Code:
Version 1.4
08-Mar-2013
====================
This will be the last major release for the 1.x series of Phoebetria so
we can focus on version 2.x development.  The release focused on adding
some of the features users requested.  The most significant change we've
made is localization.  Phoebetria can now be translated into any language
and German has already been added thanks to Akron from our forums. 
The newly added Help Menu was added after the German translation so
that, unfortunately, remains English only at the moment. 

* Diagnostic Report - Accessible through the help menu, builds a report
  of the various hardware and software related to Phoebetria.
* Channel Labels - Display's the channel names in the main interface
  with the names set in preferences.
* Help Menu - describes the functions and settings through out the
  application.
* Window Geometry - Saves the window sizes and locations for all 
  windows.
* Many general improvements

Soldato
1.4.0 Released! Thanks again for everyone's support.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/phoebetria

Code:
Version 1.4
08-Mar-2013
====================
This will be the last major release for the 1.x series of Phoebetria so
we can focus on version 2.x development.  The release focused on adding
some of the features users requested.  The most significant change we've
made is localization.  Phoebetria can now be translated into any language
and German has already been added thanks to Akron from our forums. 
The newly added Help Menu was added after the German translation so
that, unfortunately, remains English only at the moment. 

* Diagnostic Report - Accessible through the help menu, builds a report
  of the various hardware and software related to Phoebetria.
* Channel Labels - Display's the channel names in the main interface
  with the names set in preferences.
* Help Menu - describes the functions and settings through out the
  application.
* Window Geometry - Saves the window sizes and locations for all 
  windows.
* Many general improvements

I cannot stress enough how much I love this app. The ease of setting up, saving and applying profiles is amazing. Does 1.4 allow you to set the temps & corresponding fan speeds under auto?

I think it's been mentioned, but would it be possible to enter a "disable" option for channels which are not affiliated with a fan?

Last edited:
Associate
I cannot stress enough how much I love this app. The ease of setting up, saving and applying profiles is amazing. Does 1.4 allow you to set the temps & corresponding fan speeds under auto?

Do you mean while the Recon is in Auto rather than have Phoebetria use Software Auto? We can only control what the Recon already has and it does not have that :(. But in version 2 our plan is to turn it into a service so it's always running in the background. Then we will create "clients" for when you want to control it, so it's almost the same thing as long as the service is running of course :)

I think it's been mentioned, but would it be possible to enter a "disable" option for channels which are not affiliated with a fan?

I think you are talking about just the temperature probes correct? You just want to show a blank or disabled in the temperature display?

Soldato
Do you mean while the Recon is in Auto rather than have Phoebetria use Software Auto? We can only control what the Recon already has and it does not have that :(. But in version 2 our plan is to turn it into a service so it's always running in the background. Then we will create "clients" for when you want to control it, so it's almost the same thing as long as the service is running of course :)

I think you are talking about just the temperature probes correct? You just want to show a blank or disabled in the temperature display?

I was more referring to this:

oix1nd.jpg

I think I read on this thread that it doesn't work yet & when testing, the fan speed doesn't change as instructed by the temp limit's I'd set.

Back
Top Bottom