Bitspower Hardline Fittings

Associate
OP
That is true however that also depends on which brand fitting you go for it seems. As i previously purchased a bunch of Alphacool 16mm hardline fittings with the associated 16mm tubing, but it would not fit. Turned out after further digging on the manuafacturer website, the fittings were 16/10mm and the tubing was 16/13mm. Thus i had to return all of them and look for alternatives as 16/10mm tubing is uncommon. Most i can find was 16/12mm

These were the ones i bought (not from OCUK though) which does not fit below tubing
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/alph...-compression-fittings-six-pack-wc-090-ac.html

to be used with
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/alphacool-eisrohr-16mm-petg-clear-hard-tube-80cm-4pcs-wc-092-ac.html

however if i used these
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/alph...d-tube-black-fittings-six-pack-wc-0ba-ac.html

then the tubing fits perfectly.. unless please correct me if i've mistaken something

Last edited:
Associate
Compression fittings for soft tubing have both an inner barb and an outer compression ring - that's why you need to match both the inner and outer diameter with the tubing.
Hard tube fittings are push-fit that seal around the outside only, so you just need to match the outer diameter.

When you say the fitting/tube combination you had didn't fit, what was the problem? The O-ring didn't seal against the outside?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
For starters there was a lot of wiggle room when sliding the cap onto the tube, then when trying to connect the tube to the actual fitting, it wouldnt connect. It's hard to explain, but can't provide pictures as i RMA'd the items already. Basically after trying to connect the tube to the fittin, you literally needed no force to pop the fitting off the tube after

Associate
Usually with the compression-type hard tube fittings you have 3 or 4 O-rings in total: 2 (or 3) inside the fitting recepticle and 1 inside the compression cap.

So you go:
1. Cap on tube
2. O-ring onto tube (cap should sit on top)
3. Insert tube into fitting
4. Move outer O-ring down the tube to where it meets the fitting
5. Screw on compression cap

I had a similar probably (tubes feeling very loose) and it was because I didn't have the outer O-ring.

Associate
OP
yep, that's the standard routine i believe as my old Primochil HD fittings were the same. Obviously not sure how far fittings have changed since 5 odd years ago, but expected the process to be near identical.

If i remember, the tube felt to fat to fit into the fitting. Normally it would sit flush inside by a couple mm, but this it was impossible.. it was like trying to connect a 16mm tube to a 14mm OD fitting

Associate
OP
To show how far out of computer modding I am.. I realised the problem. After testing fit with some hard tube fittings I had about, I had the same issue with those. Turns out I did not chamfer the tube :/ and expected a direct fit which will not work

Soldato
I had this issue with the same Eiszapfen fittings and Alphacool 16mm acrylic tubing. It was just the tightest fit, even with heavy chamfering and sanding of the tubes it was tight. Scary tight, the tubing almost clicked into the fittings. I tore one o-ring during the entire build but that may have been earlier while I was figuring out the whole chamfering process. I was definitely on the edge of returning some parts.

Something to bear in mind is that different brands don't always match perfectly - one company's 16mm tubing may be loose in another company's 16mm fittings. It's safest to stick with the same brand for both.

Associate
OP
yes. i agree with that. I have a bunch of BP fittings arrive along with BP non-chamfer tube.. and again still mega tight. Looks like even if it says non-chamfer, you still have to

Back
Top Bottom