*****BLACK FRIDAY 2017**** Deal thread

Caporegime
Panasonic is nice but is the input lag not incredibly high? Suppose not an issue if you don't intend on gaming on it though.

You *may* be able to claim the £500 cashback on that too ;)

How? Quidco or TCB? Or something else?

Also, aren't the b/c the same finish as the e?

Soldato
I was about to buy the LG E7 today but after seeing the Panasonic TX55EZ952B side by side I was blown away and bought that instead

The LG is simply stunning but next to the Panasonic there are a few differences that just meant the Panasonic was the one for me
This really put me off LG OLEDs

I love to see how the Panasonic OLED handles this

Sony A1 on the left , LG C7 on the right
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI0C8UTCtCg
Tg34hB1.png

but then the sony OLED looses loads of detail on bright scenes
mWCNH5r.png

Last edited:
Caporegime
How? Quidco or TCB? Or something else?

Other retailers seem to be applying the cashback beforehand so the customer gets an up-front deal, with JL price-matching then you may be able to get it. Check hotdeals thread (Hughes), couple of guys on there have also got a JL price-match.

Caporegime
This really put me off LG OLEDs

I love to see how the Panasonic OLED handles this

Sony A1 on the left , LG C7 on the right
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI0C8UTCtCg
Tg34hB1.png

but then the sony OLED looses loads of detail on bright scenes
mWCNH5r.png

Yeah you can't win with either one unfortunately :(

Pq3gRPz.png

Lose all detail in Bat's white shirt but then it looks like he has gone overboard with the fake tan :/

Other retailers seem to be applying the cashback beforehand so the customer gets an up-front deal, with JL price-matching then you may be able to get it. Check hotdeals thread (Hughes), couple of guys on there have also got a JL price-match.

Ah the LG discount, true enough, could possibly work with JL. Will check those deals/threads out, thanks.

Be an absolute bargain if you could get the e7 for about £1100!

Soldato
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Just ordered mine with the free rear speaker kit! What a bargain - Voice- I owe you a pint. Great spot!

:)

Annoyingly I'd already ordered it all with the cheapy TV before I realised, but when it all arrives I'll try getting a refund on the TV in-store, hopefully it'll work seeing as it was essentially a separate purchase.

Caporegime
Caporegime
Sure;

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/lg-oled55e7n-149900-hughes-in-store-only-2830956

It seems to be the latest one for comments/experiences etc.

edit - Seems to be a little confusion around atm due to the unorthadox way that the cashback is being applied. Chancing a price match def seems to be the way to go!

Thanks.

Seems like it could work since JL aren't accounting for LG's discount in their price matches, either way won't be able to apply for LG's discount until after 16th December..... I got 28 days with JL's price match so no rush to pull the trigger just yet :D

If we could get the e7 for £1000/1100 then that would be a cracking deal :cool:

TJM

TJM

Associate
LG hasn’t published the T&Cs for its cashback scheme yet. I expect it will exclude anyone who bought the TV for less than £xxxx or only be valid for purchases made after the current discounts have ended.

Caporegime
And now spanner in the works!

C7 for £1349 via Currys!

Is the e7 really worth the extra at £1600?

Doubt the E7 will drop that low but would love to be proven wrong.

Not so much a case of it dropping that low but more that JL aren't using LG discount therefore you could "technically" claim LG's cashback on top of JL purchase especially since JL only refund you the difference once you have confirmed you are happy with it.

Caporegime
As above though I'm not sure they'll allow cashback on top of offers but who knows, people have been claiming a tonne of netflix credit on them by returning set after set and claiming the offer each time so they have 3 years of netflix sorted :p

The E7 likely isn't worth the extra over the C7 at that price unless you really want that built on soundbar.

Caporegime
C7 for £1349 via Currys!

NICE!! Tbh I don't really need the amazing sound...

edit - Think I'll pop into Curry's later and see how glossy it actually is (i used to hate my old iMac for this and wouldn't go back to that).

Also, anyone got a link to the C7 deal? Can't see it on HUKD. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom