*****BLACK FRIDAY 2017**** Deal thread

Associate
That's what I'm really confused about. The promotion actually fitted my order perfectly as I bought a new TV, used the relevant code, and got a £200 discount.

Morons!

They've rumbled me too, but i've already had my delivery scheduled for tomorrow!

I'll wait and see what happens.

If they refund you, what's your plan?

Associate
They've killed my order now - requested the parcel to be returned to the sender.

They've also sent me an email stating I requested to return the item. BS.

Soldato
They had the deal posted online for a good few days, so I've bought into it. It's not like it was £30 instead of £300, so they should honour the original price IMO. No idea what they're trying to do by refunding me for it.

Associate
They had the deal posted online for a good few days, so I've bought into it. It's not like it was £30 instead of £300, so they should honour the original price IMO. No idea what they're trying to do by refunding me for it.
The deal you got still works - might just do it and flog the telly

Associate
Mega happy with the deal I got just now on the LG65 B7. Saw it on Currys website for £2499 with 10% off, asked Richer Sounds this morning would they match and they did and gave me an extra 1 year warranty too for £2250. When I got to the store they said Currys made an error with the 10% code but they'll still honour the deal.

Soldato
Well they can shove whatever they're trying well up there. They advertise the savings on the TV page (43uj701v, which is money off the list price, not some type of bundle offer) and the only thing I can think of them trying is the bit that states the offer on the soundbar can't be used with another offer. Although that wasnt exactly emphasised at any point, rather just a "look at me" type of tactic.

Last edited:
Associate
£1300?! That's an amazing price for that screen! Paid £1500 from curries a few weeks ago with a code and have been gingerly checking the BF deals hoping not much better than that comes out from the rrp of £1699

Doubt they'd refund the difference but no harm in trying.

Associate
Annoyingly I'd already ordered it all with the cheapy TV before I realised, but when it all arrives I'll try getting a refund on the TV in-store, hopefully it'll work seeing as it was essentially a separate purchase.

Any joy in organising the refund? - looks like i'll have to go this way too.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Well I used my head and got a 10 month old B6 instead for £970 (JL Warranty) @Nexus18 @VincentHanna

I know I'll want to switch to the HDMI 2.1 VRR 4k/120fps version when it's out (when at a good price) so the B6 will more than suffice. Can't wait!

Nice :cool:

Last year models are still excellent especially at that price.

I really can't ******* wait until it arrives! First game I'll be replaying will be batman arkham knight, going to look stunning with those deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep blacks :D

Caporegime
Well, not getting my hopes up yet.....

But seen people say that JL have said that the additional £500 cashback from LG is ok (they have had confirmation from Lg and JL) so people are getting the e7 for £999?! :eek: If I can get confirmation for the price match I have along with the cashback, the e7 will have cost me £1099 then.....

Fingers crossed!

Soldato
Well, not getting my hopes up yet.....

But seen people say that JL have said that the additional £500 cashback from LG is ok (they have had confirmation from Lg and JL) so people are getting the e7 for £999?! :eek: If I can get confirmation for the price match I have along with the cashback, the e7 will have cost me £1099 then.....

Fingers crossed!
Does the B7 qualify for the cashback?

Last edited:
Soldato
TV arrived today (not as exciting as your OLEDs). Was described as very good with a small scratch on the screen, but there isn't one. There's a huge dent on the bezel however, but not too noticeable.

Not bad for 270 or whatever.

Sony 50 Inch W7

Edit: primary use is bedroom gaming on an Xbox, and for movies too :)

Back
Top Bottom