• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Black Myth Wukong - Benchmark tool

I wonder if the devs will upgrade to newer versions of ue 5...... Have they got a track record of decent after support or what? Saying that, given how succesful the game has been, they may make the effort to improve it now.

Game Science are a mobile games dev, this is the first game they have released outside of that category so there is no track record, this is the track being laid.

I wonder if the devs will upgrade to newer versions of ue 5...... Have they got a track record of decent after support or what? Saying that, given how succesful the game has been, they may make the effort to improve it now.

I would have though the opposite.

Good sales---no need to change

Bad sales---we need to improve it to get more sales

No tune has changed:

Pro QD-OLED
Pro Ultrawide at the relative screen size vs res, since no UW QD exists that meets this combo requirement, 32" 16:9 4K is the current stop-gap
Baseline 60fps pre-FG is a must, this has always been the case which I've said it from day 1

Not sure where people keep getting these alt ideas from lol, I've always gone for what was the best option for the time, right now that's 32" 4K 16:9 as it's the only QD gen 3 option with these specs. The 4090 isn't going anywhere :p

It changed because you said 4090 will be kept for 5 years.

You have also said you will be upgrading to the 5120x2160 ultrawide when they come out.

Now you are saying you will upgrade the 4090 when you get the said ultrawide.

So in other words you will be upgrading you 4090 way before you have had the 4090 for 5 years.

Hence tune has changed :cry:

No no that's called moving with the times, 5120x2160 wasn't a thing when first got 34" QD-OLED, it will be next year, so it's natural to want to update to that as the next gen step up. 32" QD 4K 240Hz fills the year gap simply put.

The 4090 won't be upgraded as mentioned for as long as the 60fps baseline pre-FG remains the case, and there is nothing showing that this won't be the case for a long time.

Last edited:
No no that's called moving with the times, 5120x2160 wasn't a thing when first got 34" QD-OLED, it will be next year, so it's natural to want to update to that as the next gen step up. 32" QD 4K 240Hz fills the year gap simply put.

The 4090 won't be upgraded as mentioned for as long as the 60fps baseline pre-FG remains the case, and there is nothing showing that this won't be the case for a long time.

Lol. That is not what you said before though. Hence tune has changed.

There is a reason why I said to you will upgrade the 4090 way before 5 years...

Don't think I've ever said the 4090 would be going anywhere? Always maintained that it's more than enough for many years lol and nothing I am seeing today in any game or tech points to that changing for as long as the 60fs baseline (which is something I've always stated) remains in effect, which if it does with path tracing then that's it really as nothing gets more demanding than path tracing.

Don't think I've ever said the 4090 would be going anywhere?

Here you said you might:

The only time this may change is when I get a 40" ultrawide which has 5120x2160 and the extra pixel width results in sub 60fps baseline, only then will the need for a beefier GPU become necessary.

And as you already said multiple times you will upgrade your monitor next year when the UW comes out :cry::p

4090 won't last you 5 years mate. Trust me. Said it from the start ;)

I don't see what the issue there is lol, I said I'd like the natural size monitor for 5120x2160 in the QD-OLED thread, that size is 40", something that won't exist for another year and we knew nothing of them on a roadmap until just a few months ago, long after I'd got the 4090. And my framerate target has always been 100fps, right from day 1 when using all the NV tech, whilst also mentioning that for FG to be effective, that 60fps baseline is a must, been saying this long before DF and other reviewers were saying it in fact!

So yeah as long as the 4090 continues that trend, then it's not going anywhere, which by all accounts will be many years if the incremental improvements to DLSS and FG continue which means PT/RT continues to run better with each dll file major update.

I don't see what the issue there is lol, I said I'd like the natural size monitor for 5120x2160 in the QD-OLED thread, that size is 40", something that won't exist for another year and we knew nothing of them on a roadmap until just a few months ago, long after I'd got the 4090. And my framerate target has always been 100fps, right from day 1 when using all the NV tech, whilst also mentioning that for FG to be effective, that 60fps baseline is a must, been saying this long before DF and other reviewers were saying it in fact!

So yeah as long as the 4090 continues that trend, then it's not going anywhere, which by all accounts will be many years if the incremental improvements to DLSS and FG continue which means PT/RT continues to run better with each dll file major update.

There is no issue. Just lols :D

Back
Top Bottom