Black Screen when playing games

Associate
It only happens while playing games. Screen goes back and monitor reports lost signal. Checked cables and so on.

Intel i5-3570K
Gigabyte Z77-D3H
GeForce GTX 970

I have not overclocked anything. CPU Temp is around 40 to 50C when running games. GPU is also peaking at around 50C.

That doesn't seem too hot to me. I have been running the same setup in the same place for a couple of years, and in hotter weather.

It started happening around a month ago soon after a GeForce driver update (might just be coincidence), and 2 driver updates later it persists.

What else could I check?

Associate
OP
Thanks for your reply.

Event Viewer shows nothing before the crashes. The only reference to a crash is after rebooting, an error sayinghe previous shutdown was unexpected, but no info to narrow down the cause.

Yes it's a total crash. Power stays on but I need to reset. I tried accessing the PC from another device on the network in case it was just a display issue, but it disappears from the network too, so yeah, full crash.

It happens only while a game is running, but is most likely when alt-tabbing out of the game. In fact that seems to be what triggers it most times (but not all).

PSU is Corsair GS700.

Back
Top Bottom