Blackout Blinds Recommendation

Soldato
I need some blackout blinds. Ideally I would put them over the window alcove so that no light whatsoever can get through. I've seen pictures of some that have rails down the side, fitted to the wall, which the blind goes down, so that the blind is held against the wall and there is no gap to let light through. Does anyone know where these can be bought from, or have any other recommendations?

Thanks

Soldato
Recently did a room with the ikea track system and their blackout curtains. Very happy with it, the track can be curved so it sits against the wall at either side and it's tight to the ceiling so as long as you shorten the 3.4M curtains correctly very little will get through if you fit them properly.

Curtains were only available in one colour but thankfully it's the one I was going to choose for my daughters room anyway. Love the track system too, easy to fit and is SO much nicer to use!

Soldato
IKEA buy them slightly wider than your windows and cut them to the smexact measurements and you will have perfect black out blinds.

Soldato
Recently did a room with the ikea track system and their blackout curtains. Very happy with it, the track can be curved so it sits against the wall at either side and it's tight to the ceiling so as long as you shorten the 3.4M curtains correctly very little will get through if you fit them properly.

Curtains were only available in one colour but thankfully it's the one I was going to choose for my daughters room anyway. Love the track system too, easy to fit and is SO much nicer to use!

Which range if the track system? Need to get some curtains/blinds and Ikea seems cheap and cheerful and there stuff has never disappointed in the past.

Associate
be careful with this it can mess with your sleep patterns and make it very difficult to sleep in rooms without total blackout.

We recently moved into a new home which had blackout blinds behind the curtains in the bedrooms. I thought this would be great because I love a good lay-in at the weekend but found it really odd waking at 11am to total darkness and ended up taking them down within a couple of weeks of moving in!

Assume OP might be wanting them for a home cinema or something though?

Soldato
We have blackout blinds behind blackout curtains, it's lovely, I'd rather not be able to sleep in a room without for the 2-3 nights a year I find myself in one than be kept awake half the night by the football stadium floodlight style streetlights outside and then woken at 5am every morning in the summer by the sun in my eyes

Back
Top Bottom