• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Blackwell gpus

i hope nvidia doesnt go about gifting review samples, its not needed anymore just add those 500 cards to the launch inventory, could make a big difference to 500 potential buyers, every drop counts

Of course they will, they need the reviews to drive the sales.

When it did get ridiculous was with the 3080 when every reviewer had multiple cards and kept banging on about how great they were with endless charts and comparisons yet no one could get hold of one.

what are peoples expectations for the 5090?
the benchmarks for B100 showed a ridiculous uplift in performance to the tune of 80%+ over the last generation.. granted most of it is due to tensor cores, so i am expecting a minimum of 30% in pure raster performance, but theres been news about jensen cutting the die size or activating a lower number of SMs on the 5090, still 30% looks reasonably conservative
regarding price 1.8k looks likely (FE MSRP)..
energy consumption: well theres not much respite here, no big breakthroughs expected
and i suppose there will be a couple of killer RT/DLSS features exclusive to the 50 series just because this is currently a hotbed for innovation, so makes it a fast moving target

Last edited:
Because anyone willing to pay £1,899… will pay £1,999.
MSI etc will do doubt be sold for 2250-2500

I paid 2100 for my suprim 4090 on release day and we had loads of inflation since then.

I could afford a 5090 but doubt I will get one, 6090 will probably be close by time gta6 comes out on PC.

doubt theres anything else really before than to upgrade for

Last edited:
what are peoples expectations for the 5090?

50% over 4090 on average.

Memory is 78% faster, all other specs seems to be about 33% faster so average it out at 50%.

Of course it will vary depending on settings and res. I'm expecting 4K to benefit the most simply because of the memory bandwidth.

Back
Top Bottom