Blinds - How difficult to install?

Soldato
I installed mine with no issues at all. Probably took about 15 mins per window including measuring, drilling pilot holes and screwing it to the window frame.

Paying someone to install them is utterly pointless.

Permabanned
Had a quote from Hillary's and it was £3922. They can take a running jump with that price. Then had a local trades person quote £1900. Didn't realize blinds were so expensive.

I'm going to have a look at these websites where you send them measurements and you install them yourself. However does anyone know who does perfect fit in either faux wood or real wood? Hillary's only had the aluminimum ones which although had hundreds of more colour options metal bends and crinks easily.

Soldato
Had a quote from Hillary's and it was £3922. They can take a running jump with that price. Then had a local trades person quote £1900. Didn't realize blinds were so expensive.

I'm going to have a look at these websites where you send them measurements and you install them yourself. However does anyone know who does perfect fit in either faux wood or real wood? Hillary's only had the aluminimum ones which although had hundreds of more colour options metal bends and crinks easily.

Try these guys http://www.tuiss.co.uk

As I mentioned previously came recommended from a neighbour, who still has had no issues with them.

Soldato
blinds2go, made to measure and fit yourself. blinds are so simple to put up.

decked out my house with them and the inlaws did the same (i put them up though)

they do masses of different fabric/styles and all sorts.

Soldato

This, absolutely this.

We did our bedroom with blinds from them and were fantastic. We are shortly going to do another two bedrooms and our lounge.

I would go for the heavier duty vertical 'string' or whatever terminology they use - in our bedroom we used the standard blind option but I can imagine for a larger window that the 'string' that runs vertically through the blind would look better with their thicker option.

Back
Top Bottom