blinking screen..

Soldato
Ive been doing some tweaking and for some reason my screen will flash black for a second then return to normal.

At first i thought the HT bus was too high but its not.

Ram is the other obvious culprit but could it also b a borked video driver?

The ram is only 10mhz above its rated speed with 3v!

(Ram OCZ DDR500 gold @ 261mhz 2.5 3 3 7)

just buuilt a PC for a mate and was having the same problem.
it was driving us both round the bend when it was blinking off during editing :(

tried different cvideo drivers and everythign and in the end i updated the motherboard BIOS, and its never shown any signs of the above.

does it blink when you drag windows around the screen very fast? or when going from 2D to 3d apps like games ?

mine does it when i open the catylist control centre

R B CUSTOMS said:
just buuilt a PC for a mate and was having the same problem.
it was driving us both round the bend when it was blinking off during editing :(

tried different cvideo drivers and everythign and in the end i updated the motherboard BIOS, and its never shown any signs of the above.

does it blink when you drag windows around the screen very fast? or when going from 2D to 3d apps like games ?

mine does it when i open the catylist control centre

Yeah and when scrolling down pages and clicking stuff

okeydokey, here too. this is freaky.

my screen locks for a good 30 to 40 seconds whilst my VPU recovers, its only started happening since i added the new ram.

I changed to a different bios recently and monitor started doing the flashing on and off thing......turned out that the new bios didnt agree with my graphic card. flashed to a different newer bios and it hasnt happened since.

Back
Top Bottom